Primal Decals

Need some help with material suggestion for a sign

Im getting ready for a huge sign install on a customer supplied sign.He has to rebuild the main area due to age etc out along the a main road. My design is going to be applied to a 4'x'8 sign on 2 sides. I need to know what paint he needs to use to adhere to the plywood and what wood he should use and make sure the paint stays and my vinyl stays attached as well to the paint.. I was told "Oil Based"? but not sure. Thank you all for your input and hope this is posted in the correct area for this topic..Thanks. I was also told to use 751 cast.

Highly recommend 1/2" wood sign board that has .015 pvc laminate finish on both sides, and then use edge caps to protect the exposed sides of wood.

GRIMCO supplies this product --- VP500-8D-PF2  around $110

Or, alternatively, they sell MDO smooth-faced painted panels for around $85.  MDO-P2-S8412

• Like 3

You're welcome --- 

For what it's worth, I stopped using large sheets of composite (aluminum-laminated plastic  --- diBond or maxMetal brand names) for those types of post&panel signs, because for some reason kids/teenagers like to walk up to the signs and kick them or punch them, and any amount of minimal force is enough to dent and deform that material.

So, I switched over to wood for signs that are located in places where there's foot traffic or otherwise easily accessible to those vandalistic teens.

• Like 1