ACJ GRAPHICS

what is going on

hi i made text and in the opening of the letters like the center of the "A"  and "P" and so on the text is not transparent there a white in there. i can get it to go away please help. i've attached the text/file thank you in advancehelp.eps

That's just Illustrators way of saying it's not really geared for cut vinyl file creation. :)

(sorry, that's just a little jab for wg...)

• Like 2

thank you that did help. but what was actually going on? 

somehow during the conversion process it separated the middle out of those letters.

Skare you crack me up. LOL

ACJ what process did you use to convert the text to outlines? Spell it out if you would and maybe we can figure out why so it won't plague your life. 

• Like 1

Skare you crack me up. LOL

ACJ what process did you use to convert the text to outlines? Spell it out if you would and maybe we can figure out why so it won't plague your life. 

it was a .psd file i think and i just hit file save for web and thats what happen. not really sure but that was all i did. maybe i switched something up while transfering it from a .psd to .gif? or whatnot 

Sooooo what you are really saying is that you actually created it in PhotoShop which is totally not geared for cut vinyl creation. (right back at ya Skarekrow)

If you want to do it in AI just use any of the type tool options and once you have the text the way you want just use the Type pull down from the top toolbar and select Create Outlines or use the quick keys that will be listed beside that operation in the pull down. If you want it arched you can get it there first by using type on a path (after creating a path to type it on) or one of the warp functions in the Effect menu and then use expand appearance from the object pull down. You can expand the text but if you've warped it the warp is still just a visual thing until you expand it's appearance. This allows you to still manipulate it until you are sure you have it like you want. The only other thing to look at is if the individual letters are overlapped at all and led them together with the Unite button in the pathfinder toolbox so it cuts right otherwise it will cut through following both lines and you would have a less where the letters intersected. 

• Like 2