Sign in to follow this  
nstylegraphix

Titan2 Pressure setting help

I have a titan2 series cutter. I have set the blade in the holder to the best of my ability getting it to cut the vinyl and only scare the backing but not cut through. However it seems when I am cutting smaller words I am getting little tags of vinyl in the corner's that are not getting cut all the way making weeding a little tough. I am looking for suggestions from someone who has a titan on pressure and speed or any other helpful tips

and this is the correct way to set your blade depth. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 1

Firmly,, like your Titan2 cutter, cutting..If the blade is set correctly, it cannot even go thru the vinyl.  The blade holder is stopping it from cutting thru the vinyl.  You should barely feel or see the tip of the blade out of the blade holder.    Sign Vinyl is only 3 mil. So it only cuts with the blade tip.

OP wrote, "when I am cutting smaller words I am getting little tags of vinyl in the corner's".

Sounds like you need to slow the speed a bit for the smaller stuff.

I did a ton of tiny stuff with titan 2 using a 60 degree cutter that came with it, my settings were typically 50-70g's and 60-80 mm/s vinly/size dependent.

Example of what I was able to cut. The fleur de lis was tiny!

11611_10205748169846671_3127385546684915

• Like 1

Oh wow yea that is very tiny. I think my speed is like 400 so i'll slow it down a great deal and also check my blade dept again. Thanks so much for the help

• Like 1

400? That is probably the issue. I never run over 90-95 when running small detailed designs on the Titan2. Make sure it is not pulling off the roll as well.

• Like 1