Sign in to follow this  
eddieb378

Tec support

No.

But the 'peanut gallery' is still here, maybe it's something we can figure out, or at least brainstorm.

Well my cutter died on me two days before Christmas and I called tec support and he said it was the piece on the side of the cutter that you plug the usb and serial port connection into! This was the day after Christmas I think and he told me he would get it to me by dec.31! Well I finally got the part January 9th and just so happenes my day job had me out of town till today,so when I get home I put the part on and try to make a cut and still no connection. Now I know it's not there fault that I was out of town but the shipping time I got really has me steaming now because if I would have got the part when he said I would probley be cutting but because of a almost two week wait on a part I am a month behind and still no cutter to get back at it with! My cutter is a titan 2 and now I am wishing I would have went graphtec but I let a sales man talk me into this titan! I had a pcut for 4 years and never had an issue!

I find it hard to believe that TWO of those ports circuit boards fail. They are fairly robust cards and aren't prone to a high failure rate at all, since their electronics components are not too complicated.

What was the symptom you experienced two days before xmas that caused the cutter to 'die' ?

How did tech support diagnose the cutter and decide to swap that part?

Provide the back-story and maybe there's a way to figure this out.

I was making some decals and went to change colors to cut the next one hit cut and a window popped up saying it wasn't connected to the cutter. I thought I had lost a port on the computer so I got to checking and the port worked! So in the mean time I bought a serial to usb cord tried that with no luck! I called tec support and he remoted in and had me do this and that together we figured out that the actual port was a little loose so he said that had to be the problem! Keep in mind now it was cutting fine and all of a sudden I change colors hit cut and lost connection! No one trip over the cord or anything to cause the problem so I am not buying that this part just died! Well any ways I got directions from him that day and tonight I plugged in the new part and it is still doing the same thing!

I just hate it because I have promised people I would do there orders this week and now I still do not have a cutter working!

OK, let's review ----

1. You were sending a job to the cutter.

What software are you using?

2. Within WINDOWS hardware Device manager, is the USB root connection showing the device?

3. What PORT is assigned?

Here's what I would do ---  download and install SignBlazer ELEMENTS.

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/GetAttachment/190/24198

The Titan 2 will not be listed in the cutter setup, but Copam Cp2500 driver has been successfully used by others.

I have tried that I use signblazer all the time but I mainly try and use corel and cut with scalp3 but this happened with signblazer I was shadowing some text when this happened!

No windows isn't showing the cutter I can unplug it and plug it back in and windows don't recognize the cutter?

just to make sure it is covered - I am sure the tech had you try another usb cable - right?  we haven't seen any boards go out on a titan so this is new teritory to us

Now when I i plug a serial to usb cable in I plug it into my laptop and windows recognized it, I hit cut and it acts like it is trying to send it to the cutter but it eventually tells me scalp has stopped working!

And also I try to test the connection in the scalp program it does nothing! I hit test cut on the cutter and it does that so it's got to be in that part they sent me or what ever caused the first one to stop has now killed the new one

Now when I i plug a serial to usb cable in I plug it into my laptop and windows recognized it, I hit cut and it acts like it is trying to send it to the cutter but it eventually tells me scalp has stopped working!
if the computer is recognizing the plotter the part must be working . . . Or is it just recognizing the device you are using for conversion?

Scott I wonder if it's recognizing the cord and not the cutter? The serial cable came with its own drivers

very well could be - the whole thing has me confused as the titans have been rocks solid - I am also suspicious of the "port" going bad as that would be rare without physically damaging it, which you said hadn't happened.  so my feelings are either mainboard which again would be a first but not out of the realm of possibility or a software issue.  I also think it would be strange for the usb and serial port to quit working on the plotter at the same time and not have other symptoms.  if you have another computer I would try loading everything fresh on that one to try it out

call them after the holiday and they will probably send you a new mb as it is still under warranty

most cutters is remove the bottom, and replace the mb there - few screws and wires not hard at all

Problem solved thank the Good lord above. It turned out to be me simply having the wire plugged in backwards. After Scott said something about changing the motherboard I decided to take the cover off just to check and make sure I was getting the wire clipped down tight and when I looked down at the wire from the top I could see right then the wire was connected backwards so I turned it around plugged the usb into the computer and it took off cutting! The only bad part of this is it tore my cutting strip up pretty good before I could turn it off! I don't guess they are too hard to replace! I want to thank slice and Scott for the imput and helping me! My next question is will it cut with the gashs it put in the cutting strip till I get a knew one this week?

• Like 1