Sign in to follow this  
Wild Stang

3M color vs Oracal color

I doubt it. Not by my color guides right now but even if they look close you would probably notice the difference if they are side by side. 

Wildgoose, what about the oracal cardinal red to 3m tomato red? And yes they will be next to each other...

Thanks, Dave

From my experience, I think you will find out with vinyl, that even white does not match other whites,  or black does not match other blacks from different vendors...   Buy the same product for the same job....

• Like 3

Skeeter I've reached my quota of likes for the day to like your comment.

Even a decent amount of sunlight over a period of time will change the color on an existing job enough that you need to warn the customer that it may or may not math exactly I wouldn't try a different brand without having then both in hand and at that point what's the point right? 

• Like 1

Just got to where I could pull out the vinyl books and the two definitely do not match up well. The Gerber/3M cardinal is closer to the geranium red but not even a direct match at that.  

What I decided to do was purchase the precut bumper insert letters in 3M Tomato Red, (now i could purchase the same 3m tomato red to do the the racing stripes in, but i prefer the color of the oracal cardinal red), so I am going to bring a piece of the Oracal to my local auto paint store and have them scan it to match the color in paint, then I will airbrush the bumper insert letters to match.