Cape 1

LaserPointer 2 Double cutting

I have a laser pointer 2 with the sure cuts a lot pro and I feel like i have tried everything to figure this problem out. I have done everything the service center has told me to do and they said it has to do with the program i am using and the lines being so thick. But i am using Adobe Illustrator and vectoring and expanding and everything looks good and it set right, but yet it still double cuts. I am at a loss for what to do if any one has any suggestion please let me know thank you. 

and then they are off set just a bit if the pice of vinyl slides just a tinny bit but it is making for long cut times @30-284

When you go to your cut window there will be a multi cut tab, make sure "off" is selected.

Donn

I have never had it selected on Donn, plus one of the first things i checked. Thank you though any other suggestion 

Will it do the same thing on files that you have not vectored in adobe? Perhaps a file that you have downloaded from here.

I draw and design my own images in photoshop and illustrator and then I image trace in Illustrator and that vectors it. After that i expand it in illustrator and save it as a SVG. then I open it right in Sure Cuts pro with no problem everything is set correctly, double cut is turned off. I thought it was the cutter but another issue came up with the cutter and have recently got a brand new cutter. and i can't get a better cut program then sure cuts pro

Does it look ok when you preview it? it sounds like you have had this problem with 2 cutters is that right? You could always download signblazer as it is a free program and try that to see if the problem is in sure cuts a lot.

It does look just fine on the preview and i will check out that other program you suggested thank you, i to feel like it is the program, but could it be the wires i am using?

Just do a simple circle in SureCut and cut it...

See if it's going to double line it. That will help you to pinpoint the problem.

PS: From my experience, all double lines i had were from vector image, I just did not see them due to colors being the same.

You might take a look in your AI file before you send it to the cutter and be sure there aren't unfilled objects in all the holes. It is very possible to get a double cut from having the open areas accidentally their own object. This is common when using the merge function rather than the unite function in the pathfinder tools pallet. Best way to see them (they are impossible to see on the screen because they are exactly stacked with the other objects) is to look for them on the side in the layers panel. If you click the little toggle triangle to open a group and see any preview boxes that are white you may have this issue. Click the button on the right side of that particular object and it will highlight it within the design. If it's supposed to just be a hole but is being selected then you have found your problem. 

It's a relatively simple fix.

From the same spot you just found the item and keeping it selected go over to the select same pull down and select all the object with the same fill. This should select all of them in the entire design and then just hit delete and the problem is solved. Sometimes there will even be a box around the image that is similar to a clipping path and it too will be one of these objects. 

You are going to want to learn how to vector images with settings that don't create unfilled (and in some cases filled with white) in the open areas since you usually are really wanting to have a compound path. You get a compound path but also all these little troublesome extras if you use the wrong preset. 

• Like 2

To fix your current file either "weld" it together or you can break it apart and remove the extra lines. As for future projects set your object and drawing lines to "hairline".