Sign in to follow this  
Cuttter

Cutter Stops, I know it has been on here...But

Ok all I have 6 magnetics to cut by tomorrow, Noon. I know this has been posted many of times on here. But, I have done almost everything. I replaced the usb with a new usb, I have purchased the .99 cable, I have purchased and ran a new serial cable to serial on to the machine. I have turned off the cutter, and I have reset the little red button. What happens everytime is it cuts to 1/2 way and slides the blade all the way accross the vinyl. This last ime it stated it was sending on the monitor but the blade popped up and stayed didn't do anything. The display on the cutter went back to -  on line. I have cut bigger things than this. I have thought about uninstalling and reinstalling the software, but I have XP, I don't think I have to use the software for XP do I? Also if I uninstall the software will I loose the code to use signblazer fully?

Hey Ken where are you? I need this fixed. If we can fix it. I turned off the computer and the cutter and this time the cut went a bit further but still stopped.

post-2074-12986517661029_thumb.jpg

post-2074-12986517667227_thumb.jpg

post-2074-12986517683957_thumb.jpg

post-2074-12986517689774_thumb.jpg

:P :P I think I found the problem, I have cut 3- 22x16 signs for magnetics. I thought I had previously installed the .99 cable. I did connect it this time. Downloaded the software it came with. I also set up the settings in the Device manager. Also setup the cutter. I have saved all step by step processes and am including the images.

I might get some of the images in the wrong order but I am posting the computer end first then the cutter end. This has worked for my Laserpoint. I cannot guarantee that it will work for everyone. But for now its worked. Good luck in killing the Line of Death

Right Click My computer

down to manage, click

go to device manager, click

go down to Ports, click

coms & LPT, Right click

Properties

Port settings

The rest I posted pics

post-2074-12986517722314_thumb.jpg

post-2074-12986517722542_thumb.gif

post-2074-12986517722941_thumb.gif

post-2074-12986517740547_thumb.jpg

post-2074-12986517740664_thumb.gif

post-2074-12986517740919_thumb.gif

Outstanding find. I have you on the phone now.......

I will try this solution with some of our other users having similar issues.

:P

Ken, I just cut another 2 signs same size, No Problems!!! I also wanted to let anyone know that is trying this. If it works for you save the setting on the cutter end so you can refer back to it if it happens again. Ken Thanks for calling...

Thanks for posting that info. I'm sure that many people will find it very, very helpful!

I tried this and I am still getting nothing to cut, the only difference is Im on Com 3 and I have a different cutter.

Can you post a screen shot of your Setup window?

dude whats with your tech support number?  no one ever called me back.  Finally got it working though.  After selecting every option known to man, it finally cut something. Ill post it up on the "show your work" section of the forum. 

dude whats with your tech support number?  no one ever called me back.  Finally got it working though.  After selecting every option known to man, it finally cut something. Ill post it up on the "show your work" section of the forum. 

how about posting how you finally got it to wotk (settings,esp) too so others might learn from it.