Sign in to follow this  
eddieb378

Usb problem

I believe I had a USB port go bad on my laptop last night, and it is the only port my cutter will work off of for what ever reason. Is there a way I can get my cutter to work off a different port? I tried 3 different softwares last night VMP sure cuts a lot and signblazer but every one is tell me it can not communicate with my cutter. I can hit test on the cutter and it will cut the test square. I was hoping there was a way to make my cutter work off a different port and try that. I have a titan 2 cutter.

Try having the cutter hooked up and turned on, then boot the computer

Ok I will try this. The only thing I have done different is I have a drop cord powering my cutter with a surge protecter could this be causing a problem

Did you test the port with other USB devices to confirm the port on the laptop is the issue? If you are able to, test the cutter with another computer as well.

ok so i got usb to serial connection for my titan 2 and I am using sure cuts alot pro 3 i set every thing up like it says and the computer still wont send my file to the cutter.the port works the cutter test cuts but making my work go from the computer to the cutter isnt happing some one please help

Try uninstalling your cutter usb driver, reboot as suggested then re-install your driver . If that doesn't work an you are 100% certain your cable is good then either your computer or cutter is hosed. I have the same setup and I can run it from *any* usb port. 

My cutter is screwed up I had uscutter tec remote in and that is what he came up with! They are shipping me a knew part next week so I'm down for the holidays I guess! Thanks for helping me out guys!

When your new part arrives and you get it up and running, make sure you also have the anti-static wire installed, this is the most common cause of cutter failure.