Sign in to follow this  
vytype

NOTHER NEW GUY

hi all.im new at this (totally),my girlfriend and i bought a pcut creation off ebay.you guys sell a lot of machines so i thought we couldnt go wrong buying from you.but i have a few problems i hope you can help with.

first,the diagrams supplied for the assembly of the stand have many problems.it took me 4 tries to put it together correctly.my suggestion would be to have the manufacturer number each part and make a more detailed set of instructions.

next, i plan on using the machine for a couple different uses.making signs and vynil cut outs for individual sale and also to cut stencils for sand and acid etching.i also have a small powdercoating business and will use it for making stencils for powdercoating purposes as well.i planned on using this in my shop as well as making it a portable set up to take to motorcycle and car shows to make and sell stencils and decals on site.

that being said, i started to download the driver and the 2008 signblazer elements on the shop computer which is a stand alone desktop hp and stopped dead.after downloading the driver i went to install the signblazer and realised that it is a 1 download only program.this will not do at all.

not only will i need to download this to a laptop for obvious portability but i also need to be able to download it over and over again to the shop computer as well for maintenance reasons.

i have also purchased a number of different clip art programs to use with this machine and id like to know will there be a problem making the pcut work with these clip art programs?

anxiously awaiting your responses.i just received 5 rolls of vynil and am just itching to play with my new toy!!

Signblazer elements is pretty cheap so just buy another copy from USCutter and have it on both computers.

What clip art programs did you purchase?

1 program,1 computer. If you want to run it on more than one computer you can buy a site license for each additional. It would probably be cheaper to just buy another complete program. Alternative...upgrade to PRO and you can load on more than one computer,you just have to take the dongle from computer to computer.

If you could install in more than one computer, what would stop you from making copies of the disc and putting Colorchrome out of business? The same is true with most applications these days that are legit and not cracked or pirated.

AS for re-loading on the same computer ( I assume you format and reload the OS periodically) that's easy. You UNINSTALL while online,then reinstall.You should get a new activation key.

Stand instructions...I didn't even open my instructions  up but there are pics of the completed stand posted on the forums.

As john said it is a one copy for one PC. If you do need to re-install, here is a link to getting a new activation code for signblazer.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,4181.0.html

thanx for that link jay.and i'm sorry fellas,im not the most puter literate person in the world.thats my girlfriend.

but as for getting another cd to download,i understand the reasoning for not allowing the cd to multi download but seriously guys.ive seen the signblazer sell on ebay for upwards of 140.00.im small potatoes and dont have the dough to spend on the same program yet.

the cd i just got today is from ultimate sales and has 902 various designs on it.i have a couple more coming from a guy on the bay with nekkid girls on it and such and another with multiple add logos.

what other programs would you recommend for the working of these images? please keep in mind i'm completely green and will need i big learning curve.all i really have is ms office i use it for invoices and sales reciepts .

reading back through.whats a site liscense?and what do i need to upgrade to pro?

and as for stand assembly instructions.i stand by what i said.see the first thing most people do is look at the diagram in the box and try to go from there.sounds right to me .

oh and btw....thanx to you to john!!

USCutter has signblazer elements listed on their website for 89.99

Before you go buying a whole bunch of dvd;s of images check all the links for freebies

as far as programs to get in addition to signblazer download inkscape at www.inkscape.org

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS BEEN ABOUT TWO WEEKS AND I STILL CANT FIGURE THIS OUT.STILL HAVENT MADE MY FIRST CUT.

(sorry)

i think i have the import export down.i can find vector art on my comp and place it in the work space.

i cant make the pic fit the size i want. i also cant make it duplicate itself so it cuts the pic repeatedly in a 5"x 24"space on the vinyl.thats my goal for today.

i have no job and my powdercoat shop is in limbo.collecting unemployment and have all the time in the world.but,,,im a computer idiot.never touched a comp until about 4 yrs ago.and im having the worst time understanding the instructions supplied with signblazer.

i get flusttered,walk away,come back,flustered walk away.

anybody ever see that episode of married with children when al takes a sledge hammer to the comp?

ok moving on.seems nobody is on today.

i got to the cutter set up portion of the learning guide.when i go to the cutter tool bar,i dont see my cutter listed.on the back of the machine is a list of models.the one checked on the sticker is" ctn630".this is not listed in the list of machines in the set up.

also i have windows xp.i dont see this as an operating system listed anywhere.

I GOT MOVEMENT!! a square and triangle.small and on top of each other.no design though.

now when i click on the cutter.a pop up opens that says the drwaing contains a bit map.only other abjects will be cut and not the bitmap.what does that mean?

The cutter will not recognize a bitmap image.  A bitmap is basically a file version.

Do you have any vector images that are .eps or .ai?  If not, just try typing some words into Signblazer and see if they will cut.  Thats a start.  You can work your way to art files after you get it to cut from the program.

screw this.im totally impatient and thinking now this was a waste of my time and money.i need someone to call me and talk me through these problems.can anyone help me in that way?240 675 0934 is my shop number.

ive been at this for days and not getting anywhere.

what is bitmapping?why when i do the workspace set up it seems that the program does what it wants anyway.

now it seems like i have a cd with about 3000 vector art images that are useless to me because they are bitmapped(whatever that is)and another that is made with adobe 3.3 eps format and i cant even open it. ;):);D

god i hope someone will feel sorry for me and realize i have no one to help me with this,no experience ,and no resources for help with this other than right here.

screw this.im totally impatient and thinking now this was a waste of my time and money.i need someone to call me and talk me through these problems.can anyone help me in that way?240 675 0934 is my shop number.

ive been at this for days and not getting anywhere.

what is bitmapping?why when i do the workspace set up it seems that the program does what it wants anyway.

now it seems like i have a cd with about 3000 vector art images that are useless to me because they are bitmapped(whatever that is)and another that is made with adobe 3.3 eps format and i cant even open it. ;):);D

god i hope someone will feel sorry for me and realize i have no one to help me with this,no experience ,and no resources for help with this other than right here.

Perhaps you should take some time to do a little more research on this forum. An imgae that you import is most likey in raster format, or made up of pixels. Pixels are little boxes of color, and a cutter has no idea where you want it to cut when it sees little boxes of color. You need to vectorize a raster image to add the lines and arcs a cutters needs to follow in order to cut. Do a goole search for raster, and one for vector and it will shed some light. Excercise some patience, and you will catch on in no time.

patience is not my virtue.i have a drive like no other and when something doesnt work they way I'D expect i need to back up and regroup and come back later.

when i start thinkin al bundy ,i'm just about at that point.

so ive had my break and an iced tea and  am back for more punishment.

i guess there is no redeaming the frustration tantrum. :- :)

It would help if that was a long island iced tea  :)

Just take your time and you'll get it. If you have a prob with an image, post it and someone will take a look and see whats going on with it.

and it gets worse.the cd has a sticker that says signblazer elements 2008.the paper insert shows signblazer 06.

the learning guide shows signblazer 5.i dont even know if i,m reading the correct learning guide for the particular version of signblazer that i supposedly have.signblazer 06 pops up.then on page 200 it shows a frog.says to fit to origin on the left hand panel.there is no left hand panel.

i believe ive figured how to vectorize a image.then i try to re arrange the image so it will cut accross the vinyl intead of along the length.but it wont do that either

Maybe I could phone you and login to your computer if you have internet access, and show you the basics......

Welcome VY, lot's of good people here willing to give tons of help. Many of us have just gotten our machines, so you will be in the company of a lot of folks going thru the same frustrations of learning something new with a group of folks. And, those ol' dogs here who've gotten past that are more than willing to help!

hey ken you are the super hero. :)

ii worked on this on and off for two weeks.and all day today chasing my tail.my girlfriend came over after work today(she's an accountant and couldnt help out until today.thank god tax season is over)she worked on the program for about two hours.and got further along than i did and almost had it figured out.then (dondadadah!!!)ken the superhero called me on my cell.i gave the phone to her.he logged onto my comp from super hero land and lo and behold my girlfriend has a pretty set of butterflies for me to etch on her car window.

guys i powdercoat metal.i work on motorcycles.i burn and weld and can wire a power plant.i'm the guy in high school that the kids brought their cars to fix or install the stolen stereo.and i failed algebra twice.i can log on ,check my mail, and list stuff on ebay to sell.but when it comes to programming,i havent got a clue and was just too stubborn to let it go.

i worked in circles all day today.she even opened up the cd's of clip art i couldnt figure out.

i will let her do the comp stuff and then maybe let her teach me the dummy version from now on.

THANX KEN!!I'M SURE WE'LL NEED YOU AGAIN IN THE FUTURE!