Sign in to follow this  
cjb

oracal 651

hi all,just started encountering problems with oracal 651 and a medium tack application tape,that i don't remember the name of....the graphics are not staying on the app tape when you take the backing off anyone have  any ideas?i cut the stickers about 2-3 weeks ago and applied the tape to them.any ideas anybody?thanks in advance..cjb

Take a squeegee or credit card and firmly rub the decal. This will help it adhere to the tape.

have done that joe,resqueed and it did'nt help.was wondering if i should try high tack instead of medium? cjb

Guest fivestar

No med tack should be fine, when peeling the backing off, be sure and pull the backing away from the vinyl, don't grab the tape and pull it away from the backing.  I hope that makes sense.

I use 651 and medium tack and never had a problem, well only the corners not stickig to the backing paper, but thats it.

Joe

2 possible problems - high humidity  and/or  dust particles on the vinyl itself. lightly wipe vinyl with clean paper towel thats lightly spritzed with rubbing alcohol.

Also, as Joe said, you need to peel the backing paper from the vinyl. Put taped graphic on table face down, now peel backing paper back in a rolling motion so that the sticky side of the app tape and vinyl are pointing up once the paper is peeled away.

2 possible problems - high humidity  and/or  dust particles on the vinyl itself. lightly wipe vinyl with clean paper towel thats lightly spritzed with rubbing alcohol.

Also, as Joe said, you need to peel the backing paper from the vinyl. Put taped graphic on table face down, now peel backing paper back in a rolling motion so that the sticky side of the app tape and vinyl are pointing up once the paper is peeled away.

I totally agree. You would think it wouldn't matter,but it does.