rebjr

So, I went and bought ...

... one of these here new fangled laser cutter plotter thingie mabobs ....

Name is Bob, retired tinkerer .....

Used to do some vinyl cutting years ago, with an ol' roland 1050. Have drooled over the print n' cut stuff for years. Saw the price of this puppy on eBay and figgered I couldn't go wrong by buying one and using it, combined with printed graphics to assimulate the same thing.

Hope to learn a lot in this forum. Looks like the guys at US Cutter and SignBlazer have put together some really good stuff. I'm excited.

When I went to load signblazer, I halted at the beginning tho :-( .. I hang around a computer repair shop, where I have set this thing up and have 2 different computers that I want to use this on. One in a small, rather cramped orifice space where I ponder putting graphics together. The other is out in the tech area where I have loads of room to do whatever.

Now, problem comes in with the multi-reloads, which I understand fully the reasoning behind. But, if I put it on the computer out in the tech area, I have 2 problems .. one is that I would have to do most of my graphics standing. Arrrggghhhhhh .. at my age not good. Second, we/they reload the tech computers every 6 months or so to get rid of the crap that collects.

If I set-it up in the office space that I use, I can sit, be creative, and have fun .. but, I'm cramped.

For you folks here who honcho this forum ... any suggestions?

Can I download the "trial" from the website and use it on my office computer to get the learning curve down, etc., and then load the edition that I got from US Cutter, or .......

Welcome to our forums!!

Yes, you can load the software on a practice machine and use the trial mode, then activate one version on the machine you plan to use the most.

Ken , you beat me to it. I was also going to suggest that he download and use Inkscape for his designing in whichever area he can sit down in.

To Bob: Welcome to the forums and I know you will be having lots of fun with the cutter. I am also a tinkerer and have been since I was a boy.

Thanks, guys.

I'm not familiar with Inkscape, I'll take a look see at that.