Sign in to follow this  
racert25

Laserpoint wont cut correctly

I have had this machine for a long time now and it has been a great machine. 

My cuts are now wavy and then it will not complete cuts. Say it will leave a tiny piece at the top of a letter uncut. 

i would love to fix this machine instead of buying a new one. If anyone has any options let me know.

What I have tried:

New serial adapter

New cable

New Blade

Different blade depths and pressures

speeds. 

Have you tried adding to the overcut?  Most cutting software has this feature.

Add a drop or 2 of  thin oil to the blade holder.3-1  sewing machine oil. . Make sure nothing in the blade holder.

Set your blade depth like this:

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

Make sure no gouges in the cutting strip. If so, replace it.

Only recommended serial adapter is a Keyspan Adapter or a Belkin..  by UScutter tech support.

Yes i am using sign blazer elements and have changed the over cut with no difference. I will try the oil and setting the blade that way.

Also take the little cover off the carriage head and inspect everything for cracks/ I had to replace my carriage due to cracking and it was doing things similar to yours. This problem was more common than you'd think.

I dont see any cracks but not sure if this is correct. See the attached pictures. One is the way it sits and one i am pushing up on the blade holder bracket. Should it be up in the resting position? 

Tech support gave me a couple things i tried that we have stated but nothing else. 

post-8221-0-63279800-1416252869_thumb.jp

post-8221-0-04260100-1416252900_thumb.jp

Yours is the revised carriage so it's less likely to crack. The early ones were black plastic.

I looked at the rollers they seem fine. Everything is tight. Is the above picture of how my blade holder sits correct or could that be the issue?