bonesonbikes

Ideas of basic pictures for etched glasses

I am looking to do custom etched glasses to sell as personalize gifts with options of fonts for names and different options of pictures . I am after some ideas of basic picture designs to put on them . I would looking for around 15 to 20 options for people to choose from.
I have this so far. I would be great full for any ideas.

post-38077-0-48513600-1415786147_thumb.j

That skull, butterfly and end flower looks like a lot of weeding to me.  And the fine lines around the skulls teeth and eyebrow probably won't lend itself to etching very well.  Nor will the fine inside lines on the large flower.  When I look at the weeding involved I also look at how many small unattached pieces must come off at the etching has been done.

For glassware, because of the size, I have found that the simpler the design the better.

When I work on a new design I usually do a couple test etchings on a glass jar to see if I am happy with the end result before committing to actual glassware.

Cal

That skull, butterfly and end flower looks like a lot of weeding to me.  And the fine lines around the skulls teeth and eyebrow probably won't lend itself to etching very well.  Nor will the fine inside lines on the large flower.  When I look at the weeding involved I also look at how many small unattached pieces must come off at the etching has been done.

For glassware, because of the size, I have found that the simpler the design the better.

When I work on a new design I usually do a couple test etchings on a glass jar to see if I am happy with the end result before committing to actual glassware.

Cal

All of them would be super simple to weed.  All but the last one could be weeded in one piece. 

Remember he's etching so he's going to be weeding out the black and not the white parts of the image.  All the black parts are connected. 

All of them would be super simple to weed.  All but the last one could be weeded in one piece. 

Remember he's etching so he's going to be weeding out the black and not the white parts of the image.  All the black parts are connected. 

Yes this is true I have etched all of these designs except the dolphin.