DCMoney

Tips and Tricks

I've been using SCALP for about 6 months now and its the only cutter software I've ever used. I find it pretty easy to work with and do most of my pre-cut work in AI though.

Anyone have any tips and tricks they've learned using SCALP that has made things easier?

Best I have is I found that by setting the End Action to advancing the material by 5.25" all I have to do is run a blade in the cutter slot and roll back the vinyl and I'm ready to start the next job. Saved a lot of time by not having to search for the end of the cuts and make sure I wasn't going to cut into the job.

Second is I run two instances of SCALP so while one project is cutting I can work on the next one and have it ready to start once the current job is complete.

If it matter I'm cutting on a Titan 2 servo.

• Like 1

Hi DC ,I think i know what your talking about. set the cutter up to stop at the last cut you have instead of going to its home point,For your next cut just have the cutter advance the vinyl for what you need and reset the home point,,I think thats what your talking about ? If not sorry since im new still but thats what i do with mine...Also have it cut the boxes around your text as well

.,...And  Dc, Question for ya, I just got my new titan 2 a couple weeks ago and love it , and i use SCALP as well ,Have you done an arc or arch Text( what ever you want to call it lol,Text in a half cirlce ? ) in Ai and brought into scalp with no problems? Ive tried using the feature in SCALP but i must be doing something wrong cause it doesnt look right..

Like pippin said, I select each object I'm cutting, go to the "Object" menu, select weeding, and then just hit enter. That will cut a box around your objects making weeding and cutting remnants a lot easier. There are

• Like 1

Where do I find the "End Action" setting? I set it a while ago and want to add another quarter to half inch to the length after cutting, but can't for the life of me find where the setting is anymore. Any suggestions? 

LOL, it's like losing my glasses, knowing they're going to be sitting right on my head when I find them. =) 

Where do I find the "End Action" setting? I set it a while ago and want to add another quarter to half inch to the length after cutting, but can't for the life of me find where the setting is anymore. Any suggestions? 

LOL, it's like losing my glasses, knowing they're going to be sitting right on my head when I find them. =) 

When you click on the "cutter" logo when you're ready to cut the pop up screen has the end action setting at the bottom left.

• Like 1

Awesome! Thanks. Always too impatient to look at that screen for settings when I'm cutting. I wish you could look at those settings outside of the cut screen. I'm sure I'll forget where it is again...  

I do know that SCALP 4 has some major improvements especially when it comes to arching your text..If you just bought the scalp3 recently like i did within the last few months, i contacted craftedge and complained about scalp3 issues and not knowing that SCALP4 was coming out and that the update cost was alot and they gave me SCALP4 for free with serial, So know i have the better Software.. Its 100% better than what scalp3 was for sure..They just havent taken of the Adobe Illustrator Plugin yet. Well worth getting it tho..