Sign in to follow this  
routesmith

another noob

Hey everyone, just wanted to jump in here and say "hey!"... I just bought a 24" Laserpoint and cant wait to start playing with it, I will probably start with just pinball related stuff... cutting out drop targets, etc... move on to side art stencils then maybe try a t-shirt however they are done, anyone know If i have to use a inkjet printer or will a color laser work too?? also what kind of vinyl/whatever do I need to print on?? actually I suppose that I should look for the correct forum for that..

I have tried to get into vinyl cutting before the cheapo way by modifying a plotter... some people have success with this.. Unfortunately I am not one of these people, I still have a HP 7550 sitting at my house on one of my pinball machines cause I have nowhere else to put it, I suppose I will just stick it back on ebay where I got it..

thanks

Wayne

do you collect pinball machines or just work on them? My brother collects Jukeboxes(he wrote a book about them,in fact) and I could sure tell you some stories about pinball machines and parts (esp back glass) that I could have had for almost nothing.

I kind of collect them (I dont have a whole lot of room) I have 4.

:P

I wish I had more room

Wayne

Well I got my awesome cutter last night, a big thanks to everyone @ USCutter for getting it to me quickly and in one piece.

Some comments, I think you need better setup instructions that are dedicated to the LP series: they go on about the baud rate and um there is no option to change it, the pause button doesnt make a square like it says it does. Yes you can read these great forums and find out the reall 411, but if you dont you really dont know for sure. Also it sounds dumb it doesnt say to cut the 3 zip ties off. Yes I know its petty but I just want to improve the experience for other noobs..

Anyways great machine, I was up and running in an hour!

this is a LOT of fun I cant wait to decal my car to death

http://www.arcadeforever.org/car.htm

it is a blank canvas waiting for some vinyl abuse..

thanks,

Wayne

Its official now, I picked a name!!!  I am now groovydecals.com :)

no site up yet but Ill work on it at work.. woohooo!!

Wayne

Welcome to the forums! You will have lots of fun, you will see!

Your names reminds me of him...

austinliz.jpg

Oh Behave!!!! Haha!

Good Luck!

Joe

Welcome to our lil' electronic playground. We play nice, even JoeC .. dang that's a ugly picture ...

This is a great place with great folks and everybody here to help. Enjoy the ride!