Sign in to follow this  
PhaedrusZen

Titan 2 Feed Problem

I just set up a Titan 2, and cannot get the vinyl to feed off the roll. I double checked the pinch points on the rollers, and without vinyl in the machine I can see that the grit rollers are all moving. When I try to jog the vinyl to check tracking, the roll doesn't move at all, but I can hear the grit rollers sliding against the back of the vinyl. I'm using a 24"x50 yard roll of Oracal 631. I need to hopefully start cutting today, and am stuck until I figure this out. Any tips would be appreciated! 

You are prefeeding your vinyl right?  Don't let the cutter pull from the roll, instead, roll enough vinyl out for your design and then a little bit extra and let it hang between the vinyl roll and back of the cutter.  Pulling from the roll could eventually damage your cutter.

You do also have your grit rollers locked down over the locations marked on the machine also right?

post-78889-0-94114800-1412890880_thumb.p

• Like 3

Got it figured out... I was going off the Material loading guide from the USCutter website, which uses the same "U" shaped stickers in the guide photos. The meaning for the stickers, however, is the exact opposite on the Titans, since apparently the guide photo has a huge grit roller, with a small dead space, and the Titans have a huge dead space, and a smaller grit roller. I figured it out while waiting for Technical Support, which were really nice by the way. 

Chalk it up to my excessive "noobie-ness". I've never even seen a cutter before, so all I had to go off of was the photos. Doh! 

Thanks for the tip on giving extra on the roll. I probably would have let the cutter do all the work. 

Here' the guide that caused me problems...

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Support_PDF/CutterSetup/Material_Loading_Guide.pdf

• Like 2

Yep gotta have the pinch rollers directly over the grit rollers.. Even looking sideways at them can be off a little..I stand in front and make sure they are right in the middle of the grit roller.

• Like 1

yup - huge difference in that value cutter in the guide and the higher end cutters - hopefully you didn't follow the incorrect 1/2 credit card depth they have posted everywhere - that is 1- times too much blade exposure

• Like 1

Those "guides" were the first thing to go for me. (Different cutter,same marks) They were not even close to where they should of been. I cut my own alignment setup, now you can tell if they are right from 20' away.

I went off the hand-cutting test for blade depth. My first cuts were just barely too shallow and weeding was a pain. I upped pressure from 50 to 99 and readjusted the blade again, and now it cuts like butter.

• Like 1