Abuma

IMPORTING FROM COREL

I have the copam 3500 and i am using flexi sign 7.5V3, i can cut letters quite fine, but i have tried everything to cut  graphics ( vectorised) and i can not.

I will appreaciate if anybody can walk me thru how to cut graphics either in flexisign or in signcut.

I tried to work with graphics in Corel Draw 11, but when i save in eps format and use signcut to open it i can not see my graphics in signcut.

If i do import and export to singcut from corel i still can not see my graphics.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

SignCut, I suppose that you are using a raster image that you want to be able to cut on your machine.

Flexi. - File>IMPORT then select your jpg or bmp file, and open it.  Select the image and then goto Bitmap>vectorize>bezier

Then you should have a cuttable image.

Using SignCut.  You must use 2 programs for this to work.  You can use illustrator, corel, but the free one is inkscape.

Open Inkscape, goto open, select the raster image file, select it, then goto path>Trace Bitmap.

Save as an eps file, open sign cut and then import the eps file.

I think the reason why you arent seeing anything, is because you are saving as a raster eps file, the image must be vectorized before you save it so that SignCut can open it.

**I dont know how to vectorize in Corel, Maybe someone else could help you with that.

Hope this helps, let us know if it works for you.

If you are using Corel to draw your art just try opening the application launcher and send it directly to sign cut. it automaticaly opens the file, ready to cut.