Sign in to follow this  
Go-C Graphics

Trying something new.

The director from my Plant operation department came to me and asked if I could so something like this?post-69458-0-95323100-1412012533_thumb.j

If it's raised individual letters they want I know I can't do that. But

I know I can do something with it but I'm not sure what?

First thought was to use MaxMetal as a substrate but I'm not sure how to finish the edges. 

Next thought was something cool like a raised/floating Plexiglass substrate. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction of how I can accomplish this? 

I want to get into more things like this and I know it's well within my ability I just haven't figured out the details yet.  LOL

Can anyone offer some help?

I've used this company in the past and the quality is great. 

http://www.geminisignletters.com/08channelletters.php

Another alternative is have a sign shop make PVC lettering and you can sand/paint/finish and add the studs to install. Just make sure to create a pounce pattern or mark the studs on a template to keep the lettering in line. 

So all you do is glue it to the wall?

Don't forget that some can be lit from the inside with LED's so their may be other steps you need to take. 

Don't forget that some can be lit from the inside with LED's so their may be other steps you need to take. 

Honestly if this ever becomes my full time job then I'll get into that. but for now I'd have to turn jobs like that away.  

Honestly if this ever becomes my full time job then I'll get into that. but for now I'd have to turn jobs like that away.  

I hear you, just make sure one of the first questions you ask is about lighting or lack of.

So all you do is glue it to the wall?

In a way yes I use the silicone that Gemini sells ....very good grade... But I mostly order combination stud and pads that way you drill a couple holes at the top and aligns the letters. The pattern is well worth the cost it helps to space and align the letters. They are really fairly simple to install I have installed thousands over the years.