Refine MH721

03/03/07

9 pin serial cable into COM1

Flexi SIGN 6.6

Windows XP home with service pack 2

I receive write port error in Flexi-SIGN production manager. I went to edit,preferences,tools but I do not have a cut/plot icon to uncheck.(as was suggested to another user) What do I do?

The cut/plot setting are in the advanced tab of the production manager and they have nothing to do with port settings.It's used for runnning a blade of a pen.Check your port settings and make sure they match.If you have the com port set at 9600 baud and hardware as the flow control,then go to the windows control panel folder - system -hardware - device manager,and scroll down to the ports and check to see if the baud and hardware settings match the flexi settings.If it still reads write port,then change the settings to 4800 instead of 9600 baud.

I tried 9600 and 4800 baud with handshake(flow control) set to hardware with the same result."write port error"

I have used a Roland CAMM-1 pro(on a different computer) and a Roland Stika 8 with this same software. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

I was getting a write port error, but I was using Flexi 7.5 

Here is what i did, and I no longer get the error...

You need to disable "connect to local production manager using TCP/IP" for flexi.

open flexi, goto edit, prefrences, then tools, scroll down and highlight the Cut/plot icon, uncheck the box and click  okay...

You should get no more write port errors.

I dont know if 6.6 is the same?  But its just a suggestion

I do not have a cut/plot icon in flexi,edit,preferences,tools. There must be something I am missing but I just don't know what it could be. Thanks anyway

6.6 is probably diffrent... Sorry I couldnt of be more help for ya...

Are you getting any errors using other software to cut, IE SignCut?

Sometime if you restart the computer it will go away... also I was getting it last week and I did what wasd suggested and in Flexi I put the baud rate to 4800 ...then on the cutter through setup did the same thing ....... No worries now...works great I hope that it helps maybe upgrade your flexi?

BEARDOWN

okay boys and girls,Thanks for all of your ideas. I got Flexi-SIGN to work. not 100% sure how but it is sending to the cutter and it cuts. However, it will stop at various stages of cutting and I have to restart the cut. Also, I have to change the baud rate on the cutter every time I cut something whether it was turned off or not.any suggestions.