Sign in to follow this  
101LEDs

Need help picking shade of color, UK Blue

I need to find a shade of blue, no idea what it is called by any of the manufacturers. If your a sports fan you will know it as UK Blue. Looking online does not help, the true colors never show on any of color choices "Due to monitor limitations blah blah blah.."

I'm hoping someone has had firsthand experience with many blues and can help. It's one of those colors that you "know it when you see it". 

If you ever wondered what it takes to have a U.S. trademark license agreement with The University of Kentucky.

Annual administration fee of $250

advance royalty fees of $0-1,000

cost of obtaining $1,000,000 in Product Liability Insurance ($100's-1,000's depending on product to be licensed)

approval costs

12.0% royalty rate on the wholesale price of the goods and licensees are required to submit product samples and designs for approval prior to production of the goods.

A 12% royalty rate is probably standard in the industry.

The rest of the costs are small potatoes when you figure that you'll be selling over $1,000,000 worth of items.

As for Univ. of Kentucky Blue --- a Google search provides the answer --- uky.edu/Graphics Standards

http://www.uky.edu/Graphics/GraphicStandards.pdf

Pantone 286

(Page 4 of the guidelines)

If you want to take a look at THIS other thread, it might have the results you seek

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/3491-pms-numbers-vinyl-colors-cross-reference/

Thanks, I had the number but no way to cross reference it or if it could be compared to any vinyls.

Don't know what graphics program you're using, but I import a picture in, and use the eyedropper to get the color.

Get a color catalog from whatever vinyl manufacturer you usually use. They all have one, sometimes it's free, sometimes you have to pay a litle. Or, the Pantone book(s), if you're printing.