Sign in to follow this  
kracker055

Printed heat transfers

yes i was wondering if there was anyone here that makes the printed heat transfers? ive got a project im working on that it would be easyer to get a transfer made and press it that way rather than do it out of HTV. will be single color...its for a Fire Department

post-84584-0-33401500-1409711487.txt

im looking for someone to print it for me..i can cut it my self i have a cutter..i just thought that a printed transfer might be more efficient and quicker way of doing things.

yea im going to need like 60 or so of both designs...one is going on the back and the other is front left chest

whats the size of the design. and what color. I might have some plastisol transfer paper left. I silkscreen kit has been sitting lately. might make a vinyl stencil.

whats the size of the design. and what color. I might have some plastisol transfer paper left. I silkscreen kit has been sitting lately. might make a vinyl stencil.

what is the trick with the transfer powder? - I know a couple of printers that said that was the tricky part to get right so they work properly.

what is the trick with the transfer powder? - I know a couple of printers that said that was the tricky part to get right so they work properly.

with just one color its no trick you run the paper under the conveyor drier or let it sit under a flash drier for 10 seconds then you print the design. After that you get adhesive powder and pour it on and cover the complete design, then you shake off the excess. and run it thru the dryer or under the flash drier and your done. that's one color. the last is a video to show you the whole process 1 and 2 color but if your using a decal vinyl stencil its the same but you mirror and flip the image for decal vinyl.

http://www.silkscreeningsupplies.com/product/tranadlb

http://www.silkscreeningsupplies.com/product/TP1515

http://www.ryonetblog.com/screen-printing-plastisol-heat-tranfers/  

• Like 1

Been playing with 1 color transfers here but I want to get a little more time under my belt before I throw my hat in the arena. Like DJ said my powder is no big deal as long as you get all the excess off before you gel the transfer. If any is left behind it'll show up on the finished products as little white specs.

here is a few vinyl decal stencils I made and some transfers. its best to also have a vacuum pallet but you can use a regular pallet and spray adhesive but its tricky unless its aluminum but just spray the pallet 1 time and that's it or you will rip the paper pulling it up. also its messy.

post-42519-0-13781000-1409761775_thumb.j

post-42519-0-22899900-1409761787_thumb.j