Sign in to follow this  
Willmac1.wm

chrome mirror vinyl

I'm looking for a product that looks as close as possible to a mirror. I found chrome vehical wrap that looks like a mirror but it's a fortune. I don't need it to conform, it will be mounted on coroplast or alumalight. I think avery has a 2mil product that is rather cheap but I have never seen it in person. If Any One Has Any ideas It Would Be Appreciated.

I use Avery mirror chrome,  and it is shiny like a mirror,  but it is 3 mil,  and only for flat surfaces  I have to bump up the force on my cutter over Oracal 651

http://graphics.averydennison.com/content/dam/averydennison/graphics/na/en/documents/Product-Data-Sheets-NA-ONLY/SandC/Specialty-Films/PDS-SF-100-Metallized-Vinyl-cr-mw-rev-1-11-26-13.pdf

Thanks for the info. I'm perfectly fine with it being thick. I think in the case of what I'm trying to do it will be better. Can you say how durable it is. And when you say its shiny like a mirror. Does that mean it reflects like a mirror. can you see clear objects in its reflection. 

Any mirror chrome vinyl is going to have the "house of mirrors" effect it's not going to reflect a perfect reflection like a mirror..It will be a duller reflection. Spec sheet says 1 year shelf life,  3 year durability...  I make decals and ship them..  Never had a complaint.. 

Thanks skeeter. I'm going to make a few things for hunting. If you look up "ghost blinds" you will see the affect I'm going for. They make it sound like they are using a special mirror material. So I was looking into it. It basically looks like coroplast and camo graphic on one side and mirror vinyl on the other.

Thanks skeeter. I'm going to make a few things for hunting. If you look up "ghost blinds" you will see the affect I'm going for. They make it sound like they are using a special mirror material. So I was looking into it. It basically looks like coroplast and camo graphic on one side and mirror vinyl on the other.

I have my Avery chrome available,  as I have to do a job.  So I took some photos,  I have my hand above the roll and a blue roll of vinyl beside it.. And you can also see my ceiling above.  I couldn't get too close to the roll as it showed my reflection in it...LOL  :rolleyes:post-3058-0-91010800-1407789808_thumb.jppost-3058-0-09658400-1407789835_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I have my Avery chrome available,  as I have to do a job.  So I took some photos,  I have my hand above the roll and a blue roll of vinyl beside it.. And you can also see my ceiling above.  I couldn't get too close to the roll as it showed my reflection in it...LOL  :rolleyes:attachicon.gifDSCN1967.JPGattachicon.gifDSCN1968.JPG

hold it . . . you have a reflection?   sorry carolyn couldn't resist  :(

• Like 1