Sign in to follow this  
eddieb378

bright colors

Is it possible to get bright colors from pigment inks? Is this a problem with my software or what I want them to have a more gloss look than a matt look.Any help would be wonderful.

Is it possible to get bright colors from pigment inks? Is this a problem with my software or what I want them to have a more gloss look than a matt look.Any help would be wonderful.

Define "bright colors" - like fluorescent safety orange or green?  The final brightness of any colors is going to be determined by the substrate their put on - if you use a dull white background, then they're going to turn out dull.  

If you're using a product like 3G Opaque, then the "whiteness" of that material determines how bright your final colors will be.   If you're using something like JPSS, then the color of the shirt fabric determines the final brightness.

You can get a glossy look, at least with the opaque transfers, by using parchment paper or other shiny surface protective paper when pressing.  Using butcher's paper or craft paper will give more of a matte finish.

I guess I am talking more of a gloss look or shiny color so to speak. I printed a transfer of a company name and used royal blue but when I printed it it just looked flat.

I guess I am talking more of a gloss look or shiny color so to speak. I printed a transfer of a company name and used royal blue but when I printed it it just looked flat.

Printing can be a real challenge to match the look you can get on a computer screen. To combat this I run a series of test colors with the CMYK numbers beside them and see which one I like the look of best. On a regular sized work area just make some rectangles and color them each with a little different shade of blue and print the color code right beside them and then you can choose the one that comes out the closest. 

(If it is a simple design use HTV for vibrant colors)