Sign in to follow this  
WrestlingWear

My First banner

Ok take it easy on me everyone.

This is my very first banner Ive ever done. It is a 2 color 2'x6' banner.

I did all the work myself and placed everything myself. Before I get bashed for the OFFICIAL MERCHANDISE being off centered, the guy goes by TJM for short so Im going to put a TJM in the space beside the logo to even it out.

Just wanted to show my progress for the night.

Im sure I overdone myself doing the multiple colors, long pieces ect.

The Official Merchandise is 12" tall by 41" long (all one piece)

website at bottom is 6"x 41" long. (all one piece.

Anyways let me know what you think.

TravisBanner.jpg

that looks awesome wrestlingwear! what font style is that? i like it!

bb

You did a great job! Nothing wrong with your work. THAT being said, a suggestion: unless your customer INSISTS on a particular font, the website address really should be a simple,easy to read font.That's what you want them to remember until they get home.

I think it was nicely done as well, straight and all. But I don't know if it's the picture or just my eyes, but I find the wording harder to read with the red outline & navy blue. 

Jenny

A beautiful banner, just a little hard to read.  I think it may just be that we are not looking at it's full 6' glory though.  That is basically a headline font, so the bigger the letters... the easier it is to read.

The customer of this banner is going by American Muscle so thats the reason for the red white blue colors.

Also, The Mael font was requested as he uses it on all his gear and photos.

I agree the the website should have been something like simple and bold then the OFFICIAL MERCHANDISE in the mael font.

Thanks for the suggestions I definately take them into consideration, I guess it goes back to the old saying The customer is always right. LOL

I done all the measuring by eye so Im happy with the way it turned out  LOL

Thanks everyone

You did an awesome job by just eye balling it.  I agree it's not always what WE think is best, but the customer that's paying for it!  B)

Jenny

More than a few times I've had a customer come back to me and complain about something that they told me to do.  Not easy to read, yellow doesn't show up on white background...and so on.

So NOW, I make up 2 proofs, THEIR way,and MINE. It always ends up being MINE that they chose. Even the most obtuse person can usually see with their own eyes when something isn't right.

The most important thing to remember is that YOU are the sign expert,not them. And MOST people will appreciate the advice.

I learned a valuable lesson when I had an upholstery shop and the customet INSISTED that I install stripes on a couch HORIZONTALLY. I lost a bit of business over that. From the on,I just sent them somewhere else if they wanted something I thought looked just BAD. Your reputatuon rests on your work.