Sign in to follow this  
carolinatinter

cant cut large objects/lettering

i have changed the size of my workspace but when i go to cut, it always reads the length as the x axis and the height on the y. i need that to change so its reading opposite. need this done by, well. now.

thanks in advance

In the cut menu there is a "Rotate Across Vinyl" check box.

Can you post one of your .sbd files so we can look at it?

If the way you want it cut is the way you have it shown in SB, I don't understand what the problem is. It should cut straight down the roll as shown.

it doesnt. the plotter starts running down and then stops at the end indicating it was trying to cut it 78 wide and 16 long. i need it to cut 16" wide and 78" long

So it is trying to cut the 76" across the cutter instead of off the roll? The way your .jpg shows it should have the 76" come off the roll. It works correct on my Signblazer. The SBD file was only 2" x 10.6" though.

the mh-1351. i just realized that this machine does this on every large job. it also will take the blade not directly back to the home position which sometimes ends up cutting on the edge of the material where the roller indentions are and that never comes out of the vinyl. why is the plotter reading it this way and how can i change it so i stop wasting so much material