gcextreme

Question about the MH 14" model

Will the MH 14" model cut the 15" wide rolls of vinyl? and the 15" roll of HTV??

The chart shows max cut width is like 10.75" wtf?

If not i may get the 28" one...not in a hurry, just prospecting...

I am looking at buying the 14" one mainly cuz it comes with the SCALP software, and be used rarely for craft shows where i dont wanna lug my 24" graphtec and haul all my 24" rolls of vinyl...but just my htv vinyl for shirts.

And do i need a keyspan thing with it???

Thanks

10.8 is the max width that you can cut with it. I've been using one for portable work for 3 years now. I have no problem making 18x24 coro signs with it also. Just cut it in lines rather than the whole sign.

No. The "throat" of the cutter is 14" wide. I usually use a 24" roll cut in half or cutoff runs of vinyl from other jobs.

Ok...so the 15" stuff will feed into it, it just only cuts 10.8?

Get the silhouette, remove the blade adjuster and it feed 15" max cut of 12

i would do the silhouette before the MH from what i have READ. NO experience with either. I have the SC 24". But you won't be using SCAL with the SIL either. Go the SC series with SCALP. 24". I use 24" vinyl rolls and get a max cut of 23". AND, no, i did not buy the keyspan. 

Thanks..

i was just hoping then14" one would do 15" wide htv rolls.

Im really wanting to get SCALP and it alone is $199...and for $199 u might as well get a free cutter too.

gc, with the 24" SCALP  comes with it also and i didn't pay much more than that for mine. I bought the cutter and stand in one. Love it.