skie415

How are these printed?

first of all thank you guys for this community. I came across this tweet earlier.

I just wanted to know how these are printed? I am aware they are vinyl and die cut as well.

What vinyl is printable and removable?

also, the stickers are being applied on an LED surface that the PS4 controller has so the light shines through them and gives them a glowy look..

so if anyone can help, what type of process and vinyl is this? thanks guys.pic.twitter.com/nPOWjxF8ii   pic.twitter.com/i5N751IRZX

I also want to add these are really small stickers so the detail is pretty amazing on such small space..

they are about 2 inch by .5 inch..

Thank you sir. I noticed it says Ink Jet. So i can run this in my home printer? I'm just doing a small project nothing huge.

I think it needs solvent ink ..

Adhesive Clear, solvent-based, permanent adhesive

My research found this... http://www.texascraft.com/hps/Glossy-White-Waterproof-Film-8.5-in.-x-11-in.-10-Sheets-GWVF8511G1.html

and this   http://www.texascraft.com/hps/Inkjet-Backlit-Film-Opaque-8.5-in-x-11-in-100-Sheets.html

Now, the backlit film is the one I am looking for but the problem is.. It doesn't have any adhesive :( so I won't be able to stick it on the controller.

Not this glossy white water proof seems perfect however I am not sure if light will shine through it like backlit film does.. :( 

Is there any place I can get something like this or similar to what I am describing? backlit with adhesive?

I think it needs solvent ink ..

Adhesive Clear, solvent-based, permanent adhesive

That means the adhesive is solvent-based, but you're right, it does also require solvent ink.

Print Compatibility Latex, Solvent, Eco-Solvent, UV Curable  

Go to Amazon and search "clear inkjet sticker paper". One of those should work for what you want to do. You'll have to trim it by hand, unless you have a vinyl cutter capable of contour cutting a printed image.

That means the adhesive is solvent-based, but you're right, it does also require solvent ink.

Print Compatibility Latex, Solvent, Eco-Solvent, UV Curable  

Go to Amazon and search "clear inkjet sticker paper". One of those should work for what you want to do. You'll have to trim it by hand, unless you have a vinyl cutter capable of contour cutting a printed image.

You can then apply the transparent printed decal(s) to a translucent piece of white plexi to get that back lit marquee effect.

Sounds like they will be applied over the blue part of the controller.

post-6882-0-84849600-1399417296_thumb.jp