Sign in to follow this  
jfronk

Standard for lettering on tee shirts

Hi all;

I am getting some calls for glitter HTV on tee shirts and don't know how large to make lettering. Is there a standard for size of lettering? As I am new at this I am a little perplexed on the sizing.

any advice would be appreciated. Thank you all for your advice

Jerry

All depends on the size of the shirt of course, but mostly for women's shirts I usually try to stay in the 9-10" wide range, also depends on some of the fonts that you use. I assume you are using the glitter for women's shirts. Hop this helps.

Also remember that most glitter HPV does not layer.

Thanks mfatty500  and thanks to all who have been so helpful love this forum

Jerry

also glitter is gonna be a little harder to cut so increase your pressure. I would suggest a trial cut. I wasted 2 12 x 12 sheets of that expensive stuff ( glitter ) because my cut didn't go through. And i even increased pressure after the first one. . Obviously not enough so 'TEST CUT'   I second mfatty500's advice on layering. But you can put glitter on top of regular just nothing on top of glitter. Make sure you let us see what u do. :) We like pictures. 

I have not had any luck with glitter on top of e-z weed or anything else, so I would not, but that's just me.

And 99.99% of what I do is glitter