OWJones

3M etched glass vinyl

Gah!

I just made some samples up for a potential client - he wants small logos to stick on the fenders of motorcycles they sell, and I was doing some in Oracal white to show him how they would look, and then had the brainy idea to cut a few in 3M Etched Glass vinyl for a much more subtle look, or maybe to put in the corner of windshields - always trying to upsell, that's me!

Anyways, after cutting and weeding these small logos (and by the way, that stuff is a joy to weed - I wish all vinyl could be that smooth!), I have roughly a hundred-cajillion tiny pieces of nearly invisible vinyl stuck all over my fingertips!  It feels like when you get tiny amounts of super glue on your fingers and it dries.  I've washed my hands in hot water 4x now and each time I think I've got it all, a few minutes later I find even more pieces!!!!   It's sticky stuff!!!!

• Like 3

dip them in vinegar/water solution. That is what i am using to take the masks off of the glassware i am etching. Works wonders. Stuff just slides right off after soaking about 5 min. -or maybe less but i always forget i left it in the sink so therefore it is EASY to come off. 

• Like 1