Sign in to follow this  
tooler82

Chevrolet Z71

Create a font style yourself.  Keep the "Z7" and find a "0" that matches that look and recreate it yourself.  Chevy has done several other versions than Z71 on their trucks like Z66 & Z85...I don't know them all im a Ford guy but maybe they have a "0" you can steal to make it work.  I do these types of decals all the time for Ford guys utilizing the FX4 and FX2 to make different unique editions for them.  Just get creative...most truck guys are not designers and doesn't take much to convince them on a cool decal. 

• Like 1

It's not like I do this for a business. I do signs in front of buildings on the base. I don't have to think the crap up in my head. It's cool though. I'll figure it out.

And while I'm at it, I'll tell my recruiter from 13 years ago that he lied. I'm an engineer and doing this crap. I didn't sign up for this. So yes, I am in the wrong line of work, except I love my country, have fought in 2 wars, and would give my life for it. So I have no other option except to do what Uncle Sam, or my Colonel asks me to do. I can't tell him I'm in the wrong line of work, but wish I could.

It's not like I do this for a business. I do signs in front of buildings on the base. I don't have to think the crap up in my head. It's cool though. I'll figure it out.

Oh ok I was under the impression that you were a graphics guy like myself.  If you do need any help truck decals are my specialty I can give you some pointers or help tweak the design a bit 

I made one that works for what he wants it to do. Put on his old broke down car.

And while I'm at it, I'll tell my recruiter from 13 years ago that he lied. I'm an engineer and doing this crap. I didn't sign up for this. So yes, I am in the wrong line of work, except I love my country, have fought in 2 wars, and would give my life for it. So I have no other option except to do what Uncle Sam, or my Colonel asks me to do. I can't tell him I'm in the wrong line of work, but wish I could.

Got the engineer doing signs? That's our government at work... Well, if you've done a few signs, you may be somewhat familiar with fonts?

Shouldn't be too much trouble to come up with several simple, san-serif fonts that can easily work for what you're looking for.

http://www.dafont.com/

No one accused you of lack of love for this country.

I gave him these to check out. Only problem was for some reason on the 0 the outline left a little gap so it cut some in the corners. Oh well, it's for a junker car.

post-80805-0-09349000-1396989058_thumb.p

• Like 3