Sign in to follow this  
coateslr

Clicking on cancel hangs SignBlazer Elements

When I click cancel during cutting (copam 4050) it hangs the program.  This is very annoying since, I have to go to the Task Manager to kill the program and possibly lose the design if I forget to save it before cutting.  Also I think, since the program is hanging, its causing the cutter to start cutting again after I press pause.  I have to turn the cutter completely off to stop the cutting.  I'm using the serial to USB cord.  What's the problem?  Thanks!

When you click cancel while a program is printing or cutting you most likely will cause the program to hang up and crash. It's working it's butt off processing that file and sending it to the printer or cutter. If it's a large file it's even worse. The file has been sent to the printer or cutter and yest it may have the file in it's memory and will try to complete the task.

Had that problem too ... but after several uninstalls and reinstalls, along with the latest drivers and SBE version .. it all works smoothly (knock on wood). Make sure that you're using the correct driver too. I wasn't the first couple of times and that was part of the cause.

Just a quick note regarding cancelling jobs after they've started to cut ----

Rather than use the software button "Cancel" in the cut screen, it's always preferable to hit the RESET button on the cutter keypad itself and stop the cut action immediately.