Sign in to follow this  
dwkremer

What Size Machine

What size vinyl is most often used 24 or 36". Is it worth the exta cost for a 36" machine. I am looking at buying a vinyl cutter, specifically one of the USCUTTER LaserPoint machines. What I am trying to decide on is wether to spend the extra money on a 36" machine. My inital intrest is to do T-Shirt cutouts, but don't want to find out later that a larger machine would allow me to expand, but also do not wish to spend extra money on something I will not use. Any input woulkd be appreciated.

Tks David

I have the 24" and do signs and t-shirts and have never thought of needing a larger size cutter.  I'm sure others here will post their thoughts on this.

BTW...WELCOME to the forum.

Jenny

I have a 25" and a 34 inch machine. If the price difference isn't much, I'd go for the bigger one. You never know what lies ahead. I get good deals from time to time on 30 inch vinyl, and I do banners occasionally thet require 28 inch text.

I's rather say,at some point,that I was glad I went with the bigger one,than to say I wish I had.

For what I'm doing... I can't imagine needing anything bigger than the 25" PCUT.

I would say that if you can afford the price, and afford the real estate (floor space or desk space), then get the bigger one. I have a 24" and mainly use 15" vinyl, haven't needed to use anything bigger than that as of yet, but I can assure you when I do have to tile some designs for make multiple decals, I sure wished that I had 24" vinyl. Go big!!!  ;)

Oh yah ... WELCOME to the forum!!

I currently have a 24" machine. The next machine I get will be 36" for sure. If you want to stay cheap however, I've never refused a job because of the size. Plus most vinyl is sold in 24" rolls anyways. To those of you still buying 15" rolls...shame on you. I started out that way too, just because I was really new to the business and bought the cheapest stuff I could find. I realize now that you waste much less vinyl with 24" and it's cheaper per square inch. Just a little FYI.

I'm the opposite. For what I cut there is a lot less waste with 15" than I would have using 24". I usually have both. It would be nice is Signblazer had a "Nesting" function to best utilize material.