Sign in to follow this  
Pcrat

First shirt with JetPro SoftStretch

ok,

so i got the white paper yesterday, gave it a try on a white 100% Cotton T Shirt

Image came out GREAT, but the shirt got a little yellow, i guess from what ive read, it got burnt, 

Peeled Hot, used a teflon sheet, 

jetpro says 380 degrees for 25 seconds..  pressure was good so, the temp must be way off. 

need to get a thermal gun and see if its the right temp, 380 seems pretty hot.

post-25991-0-11792400-1392931151_thumb.j

• Like 1

Yup you burnt it, lower the temp to 375 and press for 30 seconds. However the temp I use is 350 and press for 30 seconds and firm pressure. Never had one mess up yet. Some heat press's are different than others, its a test and find out what works best for you.

• Like 2

Mine says 410 for JPSS but I've never checked the accuracy of my press. I just go by what works for me.

Mine says 410 for JPSS but I've never checked the accuracy of my press. I just go by what works for me.

exactly if it works, doesn't wash off its good as gold and sometimes better.

• Like 1

ok, yea will lower the temp and maybe add a bit of pressure and 5 more seconds.. 

On a side note tho, my daughter just bought a printed hoodie from some retail store, who prints and presses,

had 2 sleaves, front and back, all one direction stuff,, payed $60.00!!

and first wash its peeling off lol.  I could probebly peel it all off and press all new.

ok, yea will lower the temp and maybe add a bit of pressure and 5 more seconds.. 

On a side note tho, my daughter just bought a printed hoodie from some retail store, who prints and presses,

had 2 sleaves, front and back, all one direction stuff,, payed $60.00!!

and first wash its peeling off lol.  I could probebly peel it all off and press all new.

I'd be back there wanting it made right. I always stand behind what I sell and so do many others even if they don't advertise it.

Yeah someone didn't press long enough or hot enough. Also with hoodies you might want to add a Teflon pillow underneath to help with the pressure.

Yea, and for 60.00 lol I guess he was an arab, not saying he didnt know what he was doing, ok maybe he didnt know what he was doing lol but they said he was the only one doing it all and looked over worked and in a hurry.

I just found out a few minutes ago, her first wash she didnt wash it inside out.. but they never gave any directions with it either, I bought one a long time ago when i was a wee lad, lol and i still remember they stapled a small piece of paper to the plastic bag showing the instructions.. like i cared then lol

ok then yea,,, yea peeled alot off easlily with fingers.. so some stuck good but some didnt,, so now its just a wear around the house $$$ hoodie.

That JPSS is real tough too, I have a couple test shirts that I lost counting on a year ago and still doing great. I read somewhere that you can take Hydrogen peroxide and remove the burnt look? can't remember and I am pretty sure it was on the edges not on the actual transfer but you might try it. 

Thats a 45 min drive back to the mall lol.

I would love to set up a kiosk at the mall for t shirts... once I get it all down.. yea price was high as hell.. 10 dallors per print..

That price is crazy. To be fair I never take the time to turn my stuff inside out even though I tell the customers to do it before washing. Around my house now they come off is how they go in the washer.

• Like 1

I made a Dean Martin T-shirt for myself back in July and let me tell ya I wore it twice a week and washed it I even fell asleep with it on and not one issue. The stuff works and it works well. Just remember to store it in a cool dry place and all should be good.

Ok so Lowered it to 370F, let up on the pressure by half a turn 25 Seconds.

No burn mark this time.  Will wear it around and wash it a few times and see how it holds up.

post-25991-0-83503200-1393276719_thumb.p

• Like 1

Ok so Lowered it to 370F, let up on the pressure by half a turn 25 Seconds.

No burn mark this time.  Will wear it around and wash it a few times and see how it holds up.

attachicon.gifzombieshirt1.png

Way to go dude. I like the design. I have a Red Jacket Firearms shirt that has a Zombie Response Unit circle on the back. I'm telling you the JPSS is like nothing else. That RJ shirt has been through the ringer so many times I've lost count and not a sign of a problem in fact the graphic is so soft you can't even tell how it ever got on there. 

its not my design, just something  i pulled to test it out. I like it.

yea right off the bat, you can BARELY feel the design... thats nice. 

only problem with this blank is that its just a walmart blank, so i dont think it will hold up ( colors ) in the wash. but see if atleast it dont peel.

u need to post that picture of your RJ shirt.. i wanna see that

Here is a pic. The back design was one I saw online somewhere and made my own copy. 

post-20133-0-83832000-1393288473_thumb.j

Axel don't always count that a Wal-Mart blank will make the design come off. My Dean Martin t-shirt is on a Wal-Mart blank and has stayed on after 10 wash's so far.

ahh ,

ive heared that walmart shirts are pre chemical for stain fighting etc... 

but hey if they work great, can drive down the road when im in a pinch.

I get people bringing in Walmart shirts for me to do quite a bit and I've never had 1 come off yet. I prefer my shirts though because quite simply i make money on my shirts and only make the transfer fee on their shirts.

• Like 1