Sign in to follow this  
68Blkbrd

Oracal 651 on inside of window

I did a 2-color layered dry install today inside an auto repair facility today. The outside temp was 40  but the inside window temp was 55 degrees.

The customer does not really like the look of the adhesive showing or micro air bubbles (not sure which). Of course the inside looks fine but it is only can be read from the outside.

I squeegeed it down really well too. How can I fix this problem to make the vinyl look better? Will these tiny air bubbles outgas with time? Will it get better when the temperature outside gets warmer and the windows heat up more? Would a heat gun to help any? I don't know what to tell him if it stays like this. I know an outside install would have been much better but he could not according to local regulations there. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

post-68543-0-41399900-1392855312_thumb.j

A couple days in the sun should get rid of alot of the bubbles, using a heat gun may crack the window. On a side note the window needs to be really clean and dust frre, and layer the vinyl on site.

hair dryer might help a little, heat gun a little excessive,  best solution is time, we tell all our customers any bubbles will bake out with time and are a by-product of vinyl especially when on inside of a window.

+1 on clean, make sure window is really clean, steel wool is a good solution for this.