xracrboy

How to do multi colored logos on shirts without stacking

Hi , im new to all this invested in a sc cutter its very cool I have some but not nearly enough knowledge on how to do tshirt designs,logos,lettering and such without stacking the vinyl up to where it gets thick and nasty feeling , for in stance I was trying to do a logo for my business as im also a airbrush business , so I have an oval of black stretched out a bit and another red one on top of that to where the black one just shows a smidge of the black around edge of the red and then comes the shadow layer for the lettering and then name of business in letters, then I have two small airbrushes that are right under the bottom of the lettering, I cut all of the material out in all colors needed and went to apply them to my shirt what I ended up with was a tsirt with the feeling of , you no when u were a kid and your mom ironed the knees of your pants with one of those nasty iron on patches , well very thick how do I get it so each color lays by itself. or am I in to deep trying to do something that cant be done , thanks for any answers to this as all knowledge is worth asking for and I appreciate it more than I can say to the ones that do help in this mission thanks again

What software do you use? in SignBlazer you would select "punch-thru" and "weld" the image. I would assume it would be done in the same manner with most if not all software.

My cutter came with sure cuts a lot pro what program will do what I'm looking to do I thought it would only work with the machine I bought cause it came with it , so you can use other software ? Then what do I have to put it into scal to cut it or ? Thanks for the interest

You will probably want to download inkscape. Its an open source program that does a pretty good job for free and then ya you just can just cut from SCALP. You might be able to do some of what you are talking with SCALP but it is lacking a few major options.  There are videos of how to use inkscape and even a link in the help menu to show the basics.  Post a pic of your design and it will be easier for us to visualize what your up to.