Sign in to follow this  
crazycucumber

Printing or Cut - help needed

Hi All,

I am very new to this , so please bear with me.  I have won a job to print a local dance group t-shirts and hoodies with , simple stuff , names on back etc. 

I am having to redraw the logo as they don't have a copy , but I am ok with that, the current shirts look like they are printed and cut on the same piece of vinyl. 

Can anyone give me some direction of how to get the logo on the shirts - I have looked at inkjet transfer paper - but I don't think that will look pro enough or vibrant enough , the logo is only about  60mm x 20mm. 

I Guess Im asking what do I need to do / buy to  get this done, I don't want to go back and say I can't do it like that ! 

Look forward to hearing your thoughts. 

post-84834-0-87793400-1392291313_thumb.j

You can have a wholesaler produce these for you.

Much simpler than trying to do it yourself (first timer).

If it's the job in the picture you should be able to cut that out of vinyl. Two colors easy peasy

I will certainly give it a go , its the small black outline and overlaying the black on the red were my sticking points, like I say once the colors arrive , i will see how it turns out. 

This also gets put onto Red and Black t-shirts , I am guessing I could try to be clever and use the t-shirt colour as the background ? is that allowed in the industry ? otherwise it would be a 3 color on a colored t-shirt. 

Thanks for the help

Overlaying is easy on heat transfer. You can reposition and the backing holds it in place until you press. Can even stretch the shirts a little to get it to fit.

• Like 1

If your going to cut and press this in HPV definately use the red and black and white shirt fabrics to your advantage and

create a file where you leave off the shirt color and cut the other two.

In my opinion I would cut the black out and include the shadow behind the red and then put the red on top of the black. If you knock the C and E out of the red it will look like the black is on top and you can still get the shadows behind the red. I would use the Bright red Siser too, it's much more vibrant especially when next to or on black. 

Like all of these ...  Hopefully all the materials will arrive tomorrow and I can have a play.  I have redrawn the design slightly different to make it a bit easier  and cleaner - once I get the client approval - full steam ahead with my first job ! thanks again all. 

So I was feeling the itch and vectored your pic. There is probably a lot of distortion from the picture so it may need tweaked. I left all the colors on one layer but you should be able to cut by color and lay out the black then the red on top. I wasn't sure you were following what I was talking about. I figured you could use the help being new so have fun. Saved in AI version 8 which I think works with SCALP, can't remember.

Job1.ai

Took a few liberties with the fonts and design, but here's the type file I recommend.

No layers are stacked to keep the garment from feeling like a raincoat.

Leave off cutting the color that matches the shirt.

post-43059-0-56568100-1392334997_thumb.p

DanceVybz_2.svg

DanceVybz_2.eps

The willingness to help on this forum never ceases to amaze me! Which is why I frequent this forum more than any other!

Great work guys! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 4

WOW! Just popped back here after a few days way from home .. and Bam!  Vectors galore !  Like Jesse says - You guys amaze me !  Thank you all - I will let you all know how I get on - seeing the owner on Monday with some samples.  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

• Like 1