motoxchic

Lifting on Safety Vest with ThermoGrip

Since I have not yet bought my heat press, I had this one by a friend for our company.  He used ThermoGrip from Stahls...I had 4 of them done.  The mesh part is stretchy, and I pulled and tugged at the other vests, and it seems to be just this one area, possibly a couple other spots on the outside straight edge.  My husband wore this for about 3 days, no washing yet.

I am going to see if he can repress this area (and replace the E), but I am curious what your thoughts are as to what happened?  Uneven heat, material, time? 

post-29312-0-83291700-1391287866_thumb.j

I would lean to not enough pressure and possible temp not right. I have used the thermo grip and it is great on vests

I found out from my husband it was like this before he wore it.  Good to know the vinyl works well generally.  I am looking at heat presses and will be doing all our stuff in the near future.  I will call our friend who did them and see if he can repress for now.  Also, I would want to know if there was an issue with my stuff so I could fix it :)

• Like 1

I bet he didn't use a pillow to help get an even press. I have made a bunch of those vests and the nearby sewn hems are thick enough to cause problems without a press pillow or a press pad. They hold the platen off the base enough that it won't get even pressure. If it isn't screwed up you should be able to re-press it no problem. 

• Like 1

Or a quick fix for just that small area ..... might be just as easy to use some parchment paper and an iron at home for just that little spot.

• Like 2