gcextreme

Need help with this 3 layer graphic

Ok most of my stuff i have done has been 1-2 layers, now i have a weird 3 layered (colored) one to do..

First is a black background outline, then a Blue 4 and a Blue X, then a grey 4 and grey "Off Road"..

Attached is the example...

So i guess i cut out the black outlines for everything...

then can i just cut out the blue 4 and X, then cut out the grey 4 with the "OFF ROAD" letters..

And i just dont know how to go about assembling them all..

post-38025-0-33755100-1391043299_thumb.j

Are you trying to do a single "layer', or can the blue and gray be laid on top of black? I'd do a shadow and cut everything in black, then lay the blue and gray separately. 

yeah everything will be laid on the black...

last time i attempted this, i couldnt get the dam app tape off to do the next layer.

i had the black, and was putting the blue with the app tape in place, and got it perfect, but when i went to remove it, all of it wanted to come up off the paper and not leave the tape

What software are you using ? In sign blazer I would just import it and signblazer will seperate the colors. If yo want you can add registeration marks to make it easy to layer that is fairly simple I would most likely layer by eye.

i am using SB...i already have the colors all separated, and can cut each color individually, i am just confused on the order to apply them...

I will try that Eazy...thanks

Not sure what your process is when doing layers, but I use "Diamonds" for registration marks. You'll want to cut a piece of app tape big enough to cover the whole design, lay it over the blue pieces. Then with that same piece of app tape, line it up and lay it over the gray pieces. Which will leave you with both blue and gray pieces stuck on the one piece of app tape. Then lay it over the black. You should NOT be removing the app tape after each layer. I've never heard of one doing that before. 

• Like 1

yep, i got it figured out...i just used squares for reg marks, i know some use the + signs.

I screwed up the first one, i had the grey and blue on one app tape, and was going to apply to the black and i had the black piece taped down, but it poped up and screwed me up and i couldnt get it all unstuck...but i made 3 others and they turned out ok, i think my customer will be happy, specially since he only orderd 2.

how much would u have charged for 2 of these 4x13?

i charged him $25...

yep, i got it figured out...i just used squares for reg marks, i know some use the + signs.

I screwed up the first one, i had the grey and blue on one app tape, and was going to apply to the black and i had the black piece taped down, but it poped up and screwed me up and i couldnt get it all unstuck...but i made 3 others and they turned out ok, i think my customer will be happy, specially since he only orderd 2.

how much would u have charged for 2 of these 4x13?

i charged him $25...

That' cheap enough! LOL 13+4/2=$8.50X2=$17, two color fee X3 = $51. I know the amount of the second an third colors were smaller than the full size, but gotta factor in waste and the extra time of layering. You still cut three stickers that size.