jaybyrd

Thoughts Please

I've been tasked with designing a logo for a local community outreach group and seen to have a severe case of designer's block. Their name is Unique Impressions and they do all the typical stuff: blanket drives, meals for seniors, litter pickup, etc. Any ideas would help tons especially since they had no idea what direction they wanted to go in. Thanks in advance for any help.

Jay

That is interesting for sure but I think I need to figure something that represents what they do so people who see the logo know what they are about right away. Those are neat though, especially like the ones with the star.

maybe something with a helping hand?

a simple hand holding people maybe? or a family?

I'm a minimalist when it comes to logos.  I thought about making the U halves spiral wrap around the I as if embracing it and sort of like a cancer ribbon but that seemed too complex and unclear (and too tall). 

I do find it hard to equate that business name with that mission, and it will take a clever image to bring that together. 

My next idea would be a letter U and letter I holding hands or exchanging something like a heart

Then maybe have a helping hand holding that, but probably not.... (too complex)

Thinking about 'Impressions'... the impression of a hand and/or heart...

maybe lose the fill in the hand and just show the outline impression of it onto the background?

Maybe lose the hand all together and show just the heart's impression?

post-43059-0-28214800-1390536430_thumb.j

Pay no attention to the font choices.... just messing around.

Some food for thought for ya. But happy to pass the file to you if you want to play with it.

• Like 1

This is what is causing me such problems. The name doesn't seem to fit the goal.

I do find it hard to equate that business name with that mission, and it will take a clever image to bring that together. 

I think I can take a little from all 3 above and come up with something over the weekend. I'll post up what I come up with so I can get some critique. Thanks all.

• Like 1

I think I can take a little from all 3 above and come up with something over the weekend. I'll post up what I come up with so I can get some critique. Thanks all.

If you need the svg let me know and I'll pm it to you

Thanks and yeah that way I can have something to start with. I hate asking for help but this thing made my head hurt trying to tie it in with what they are about.

• Like 1

Google search images for "helping hands". There are tons of different logos. Have a look, get some ideas. Should get your juices flowing. :)

I'll try that on google. I was searching things like community outreach and I was getting nowhere fast.

Update: There is nothing to update as of today. Still haven't had the time to set down and work on this but hopefully very soon.

I intended for U and I to be thicker, sketch was too small, with 3 or 4 colors it has potential, while doing that I thought I'd try the emoticons, it's simple and could have Unlimited above and Impressions below

post-25561-0-16544900-1391184257_thumb.j

@SignTorch,

This a neat look, but what is your idea behind swishes moving through the logo?

Is it supposed to be weaving to symbolize the united?

It really is a cool drawing I'm just curious what you're thoughts behind it are...

I just thought a weave might look cool, and that's how it turned out, the loose ribbon does remind me of an arrow through a heart and I thought that ribbon should be yellow, but that was not planned, it started like this and came out like that, that's all I know (not much)....

post-25561-0-68298500-1391212441_thumb.j

My thoughts on this. Think of a team just before the start of a game. All hands in stacked. Not all hands same color.. Name of organization in circle at top half in BOLD. Maybe in smaller letter bottom half "helping others".

Still a work in progress but now they're wanting something along the lines of a branding iron with the UI being branded into the earth.

Working on it as time allows