JessXEmoji

Have you ever teamed up with someone to get your products seen?

I'm thinking about contacting some people on twitter and facebook who have millions of followers about some things I make decals of.  If I could get them to post a listing or two every couple of weeks of my items I think it would do great things.  But I'm not sure what to offer in return. Maybe supply them with free decals to promote their pages?

Have any of you guys ever done something like this in the social media scene? 

Offer money, or just pay facebook to promote your page. Any page with a million followers surely makes some good coin. I would highly doubt the admins would allow advertising on there for free or any reasonable amount. Social media advertising is very expensive. Last company I work for had a marketing budget of over 2 mil and that really would not scratch the surface of the social media outlets that were available at that time. Google ad-words alone could easily burn that up in a month on conservative targeted marketing. 

Blast out a few 25 dollar campaigns on FB and see what happens. If nothing then your only out a hundred bucks and up a few likes in the process. 

The last few fb ads I've done average around $.30 per like. I would pay that all day long.

Have you had any luck with sales from facebook?  and how does facebook get people to like your page?

The last few fb ads I've done average around $.30 per like. I would pay that all day long

Using this as a baseline you can then give some estimation to the worth of your friends page. Would cost you approx 30 thousand dollars to get to a level of likes as his. Either he did it by paying or alot of linking and online work,  

People do not go to facebook to buy products. But is is a good means of advertising, Getting your name out there, etc etc. Their promotions use the content you have and display it thru your friends list and their friends varied on the past content they have liked and shared. The More content you have the easier it is for your paid promotion to work. 

Most of my Christmas sales for etching came from my personal Facebook page or as a result of mouth because of it.

I paid Facebook to put an ad in peoples feed on their Facebook page. I've done quite a few $15-30 adds

Ok I decided to try the facebook thing. I paid 10 bucks last night for 2 days. It says I have reached 520 people and I have 24 new likes. But it wouldnt allow me to make my own ad. It just showed my name and picture and said it may look different depending on what page it lands on.

is there no way to promote a certain item?

I agree...not many people log onto facebook with the intent of buying stuff....they log on to see what friends/family are doing and stay connected with them.

But the advantage here is word of mouth, having your FB friends/family like and spread the word of your business and services.

Word of mouth is powerful, even on facebook.

I am a member/follow several facebook groups and pages, and now and then others in that group will buy something from me, and then they post up pics of it...that leads to other sales.