rudedog

Shipping to customers

I've read all the threads on troubleshooting, hardware, selling , pricing and software to name a few.  But I have not seen many threads in regards to shipping your final product to customers.

I know larger pieces you use a cardboard tube.  I just had my first real sale with a piece that is just bigger then a standard and 8.5"x 11" envelope.  Of course it's only 13" long but it does fit on a diagonal in the 8.5x11 with some cardboard protection.

So how are people shipping their in between sized graphics?  Did I use the correct media?  I won't know the shipping charges until later this am when I stop by the post office.

Then that brings up another question.   Do any of you use a USB scale and a company like stamps.com?  Is it worth signing up for this service if you're doing a lot of mailing?   I can get a good discount code for stamps.com which includes a free scale.

As always thanks in advance

-Jim

If it weighs under 4 ounces youll about 2 bucks at the post office or $1.68 online.

What site did u sell from? Ebay/paypal lets you print lables with the online discount.

And ive learned to restrict your decal sizes to fit the packages you use and not the other way around.

I use 4x4x6 boxes , 6x9 envelopes or 10x13 tyvek mailers for first class mail and free usps boxes for larger priority mail. So if i make a 10x14 decals thats only 3 ounces i would have no way to ship it first class and would lose money on priority shipping. I learned that the hard way.

• Like 1

I sold it from my own site/car forum.

Regarding size vs mailer - that is what I thought but it's my first time. I figured in about $2 for shipping sold a 13" x 2" sticker for $10 which included shipping. 

I really need to think about the shipping for these intermediate sized stickers.

Thanks Jesse!

Also google paypal back door link. Theres a link to paypal that lets you ship without using ebay as long as you have a paypal account.

Itll be great for what you need. No post office trips!

also can use old tubes from your vinyl rolls. can cut them down to different sizes and tape the ends and bam an size shipping container you need just about. I throw a wad of paper in each end before taping just to keep the item from sliding and sticking to the tape. I use greenstar vinyl for shipping tape also. Have a bunch here from when I bought my machine and needed a use for it.

• Like 2

I salvage boxes from where ever I can get them. Cut them into 2 appropriate size sheets, sandwich the decal between them packing tape them together, ship 1st class package/thick envelope. Print my labels from E-Bay-PayPal to get the free delivery confirm.

I do the same as Monkey all the time, we save all the tubes and boxes from our new vinyl..

WoW great tips guys, glad I asked the question. Hope it can help the other new guys/gals!