Sign in to follow this  
DeepEllumGlass

Font size, sign scale question. How tall, how wide

I'm new at all of this so how do you determine the correct letter height and overall sign width?

I've been going to doityourselflettering .com and getting ideas.

Will SCALP determine it for me? I do plan on getting a better program but I have 3 weeks to get our company name and phone number on our trailer.

My plan is 10" tall letters 16' wide as follows: Deep Ellum Auto Glass

10" tall letters around 8 or 9' long: 214.712.0000

Thanks

Download and Install FREE -- SignBlazer Elements.

Create a workspace (access from File Menu).

Add Text (choose Font).

Select your text and Adjust "Object Size" at bottom of screen.

Voila.

Download and Install FREE -- SignBlazer Elements.

Create a workspace (access from File Menu).

Add Text (choose Font).

Select your text and Adjust "Object Size" at bottom of screen.

Voila.

Thank you

You are welcome.

http://www.mystat.com/Signblazer.zip

(source for 'patched' version -- install v6 first, then UK version, then apply patch, and eliminates the nag registration screen)

Disable anti-virus before trying that, since the patch is recognized as a threat, although it's not.

• Like 1

I'll tell you what most of us do to get a better idea what things are going to look like. I take a picture from the side about as square as I can to the vehicle and then import that into my design program and then put the lettering over the top of the picture to get a good idea how it will look as a finished product. If you take a measurement of a window or something so you know the actual scale you can do a little algebra and come up with the actual height and width that matches up with the scaled down picture. This is a good thing to know how to do for preview mock-ups with future clients. Also helps a TON to sell them on a certain color that maybe you happen to have sitting in inventory and you're trying to get used up...just saying. I don't know how easy that's going to be in SCALP but it may be possible.

You are welcome.

http://www.mystat.com/Signblazer.zip'>http://www.mystat.com/Signblazer.zip

(source for 'patched' version -- install v6 first, then UK version, then apply patch, and eliminates the nag registration screen)

Disable anti-virus before trying that, since the patch is recognized as a threat, although it's not.

Please excuse my ignorance slice. What is v6?

You say to install it first. Thanks

Please excuse my ignorance slice. What is v6? You say to install it first. Thanks

"Version 6" -- you'll see two SBE installers once you expand/extract the Zip file --  one is SB-6 setup and the second one is SBE Update (UK) and there's also the Patch.exe (that's the one which your antivirus is going to be upset with, however it is perfectly fine and NOT any danger to your system)

Here are the instructions from the READme text file -

1. Install SB-6-setup.exe  (deselect options for shortcuts.  After install, don't launch it yet)

2. Install  SBE-update.exe   (Select option for shortcut on desktop. After install, don't launch it yet)

3. Install SBE-patch.exe

4. Now click on shortcut on desktop.   You will now have version 6.05.  

Yes.  (install the SBE-Update 6.05 UK version, and then apply patch) --  just be aware that you'll end up with two sets of SBE icons on your computer, since you've already installed SBE normally and skipped the instructions to avoid placing shortcut icons in the Start menu and desktop and QuickLaunch Bar.

You can delete them and retain those UK shortcuts, no problem.

For the record, when you install the UK version, all the USCUTTER listings are no longer accessible. In your case, the appropriate cutter driver for your SC model is LiYu.