Sign in to follow this  
muppetrabies

My cutter started cutting strange, any ideas why?

Hey everyone.  Wasn't sure how to ask this, but my cutter has started cutting strange the last few days.  If I am cutting out a 1 color vinyl for an 18x24 sign, it will mess up just 1 letter.  The rest will look perfect.  This is getting irritating as I will then have to go back and cut that one letter and whatnot.  It is not always in the same spot either.  Any ideas on why??  I've changed the blade, so I know that is not it.  Attaching a picture!  If you look at the C, it is not cut properly, but everything else is!

post-18385-0-12812300-1386352087_thumb.j

Is your cutter grounded to the stand? Static is pretty bad this time of year and can do strange things. Also what kind of cutter?

I'm going to take a wild guess here ---  what does your cutting strip look like? Is it gouged?

That could be a bunch of things what software are you using?    I would say your offset is set incorrectly also as your corners are rounded?

Thanks for the replies.  My cutter is on a stand and is a uscutter laserpoint 24".  The cutting strip really isn't too bad, I guess there are a few parts that are pretty deep.  Maybe I should try replacing that?

If it is not doing it in the same relative place across the cutter each time I doubt it's the strip.

"I guess there are a few parts that are pretty deep..." 

A replacement strip is cheap enough.

Also, check for play in the grit roller(s) -- they are secured to the axle with allen screws, see if those aren't loose.

Make sure you purchase the cutting strip for the correct cutter..  The original laserpoint 24"  was a Creation Pcut laserpointer.  I do see the cutting strip for it on the UScutter website.

The current model being sold is a Liyu brand. laserpointer 2... 24"   .

Thank you for all your imput!  I'm going to get a new cutting strip and reinstall my software and see where that takes me.  Thanks again to all who helped!

You're welcome, let us know how it works out, we're always interested to see if any of our suggestions lead to a solution, or have provided clues to finding one on your own.

Many of us have got a little Sherlock Holmes inside.

877015.jpg

• Like 2