tysan

Inset graphics

Can anyone tell me how to inset something into another without putting it over top ?? Does that make sense?? I'm using scalp pro .. Thanks

Yes like that and say if you had half in the circle and half out is that the same thing??

The one above you would put the circle on the bottom and flower on top. then in the path menu you would do back minus front. as for the other I am not sure as have not figured that out in the SCALP yet

post-36874-0-78969100-1386037855_thumb.j

Same as above but under path choose exclude change stroke to none and then fill color to what you want. Hope it helps

I believe you PM'ed me a few weeks ago about this, and I apologize not getting back to you. Since I'm horrible at explaining things over the internet, I made a quick video of what I believe you are after. Sorry for the quality. You always want to make a shadow of what you are trying to inset, then go up to PATH and click Front Minus Back/or Back Minus Front. You can adjust the shadow size to your liking depending on how much inset you want to show. Let me know if you have any questions, the video should be pretty self explanatory. 

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/dirttrackin280h/media/SCALP_zps41326f6e.mp4.html

thank you very much that's exactly what I want!!!!  thanks to all replies ........