Sign in to follow this  
DNA_Vinyl

Warranty?

Does anyone have a warranty or anything? As in your work is guaranteed for 30 days or 60 or whatever.

I'm just paranoid that it's going to fall off a month later. 

I stand behind my work a minimum of one year but i dont do stickers persay my work on signs consist of lighted signs, flat signs, banners and installs of the above plus plastic letters, lighted signs, digital message boards and channel lettering. Our state law erquires a year warranty on workmanship on installed goods. But i have went back several years later for small repairs just good business to keep your customers satisfied.

• Like 2

I have nothing in writing and handle everything on a case by case basis. If it was clearly altered or damaged by someone you're on your own but if something is lifting or prematurely fading or something like that I look at how long it's been and either fix it free or offer a discount to repair or replace.

• Like 4

I've been Self Employeed in the Service Industry for over 27 years and have always stood behind a 'One Year Warranty'.

As Jay mentioned, the rare problem is handed on a case by case basis with me doing my best to keep a satisfied customer.

There exist what's called a " Implied warranty of merchantability" which  is a merchant's basic promise that the goods sold will do what they are supposed to do and that there is nothing significantly wrong with them. In other words, it is an implied promise that the goods are fit to be sold.

Here's an interesting read on the topic;

http://www.business.ftc.gov/documents/bus01-businesspersons-guide-federal-warranty-law#understanding

I've always held that it's generally less trouble and cheaper to Keep a client as opposed to getting a new one to replace them.

• Like 2

I've been Self Employeed in the Service Industry for over 27 years and have always stood behind a 'One Year Warranty'.

As Jay mentioned, the rare problem is handed on a case by case basis with me doing my best to keep a satisfied customer.

There exist what's called a " Implied warranty of merchantability" which  is a merchant's basic promise that the goods sold will do what they are supposed to do and that there is nothing significantly wrong with them. In other words, it is an implied promise that the goods are fit to be sold.

Here's an interesting read on the topic;

http://www.business.ftc.gov/documents/bus01-businesspersons-guide-federal-warranty-law#understanding

I've always held that it's generally less trouble and cheaper to Keep a client as opposed to getting a new one to replace them.

That is a good read. Thank you.

I have had to replace 1 customer on an ETSY sale of wall art, where 1  is a fluke as in any of my work placements I state that I NEED to know what kind of wall surface, what color, whether glass, metal, or plastic surface as I ended up cutting and refunding as I wont argue with them cause they cant read, of course this isnt SIGN's but wall art and I have to adhere to a GUARRANTEE that it wont drop off once they jury-rig it, I warn that some surface adherement is questionable when I can get all info and even with that I am not there to see or feel the surface that they want to pretty-up to their taste, again I ask that THEY READ and be kind enought to fill in blanks as I will decline if I cant get a straight answer, I GAVE 2 cuttings and a 20.00 refund and still am unsure they knew what they were doing as again its their word that I have to base on...

• Like 1

Petro, you guys with wall art have it rough with all the variables. Luckily 99% of what I sell I install so if there's a problem later I can tell right away if it's material or idiot related. Sometimes you just know that you're gonna get a call no matter what you do and when I forsee this issue I charge more to begin with. When I was in construction we called it A.F. and added it to the estimate, A.F. stands for aggravation factor.

• Like 1

It's true that it's hard to have a rigid guarantee when there are so many variable that you're not in control of...

Like Jay, I install nearly 100 % of my sales. I have turned down online sales for that very reason.

( Heck, I work hard to even Limit what Regions can even see my Website!)

We warranty vehicles graphics we install for 30days and permanent signs for 1 year.  If it's graphics that cust installs there is no warranty, and besides that we do everything on a case by case basis.

For instance we have striped Five fire dept trucks that we are having problems with except we striped them 3 yrs ago.  We are trying to meet them in the middle in the intrest of keeping the cust.

• Like 2