Sign in to follow this  
ddprinting

Wall art tree in a corner?

I have a customer wanting a tree in a room with it starting on one wall and going into a corner and ending on the other wall.  My question is do you cut it in the corner or can you use your squeegee and get it to stick fine in the corner?  I will be using 651, it's going to be permanent.  Or do you think I should use something different?  I would appreciate any advice!!! 

That corner is probably not going to be perfectly straight and plumb. There is a very high likelyhood that there

will be wrinkles introduced coming out of the corner on the other side. Do yourself a favor and cut the design in

the corner and overlap the 2 peices slightly.

• Like 1

Also any shrinkage will make it pull away if wrapped around the corner in 1 piece.

I think I would try and cut a strip, say 2 or 3 inches wide and apply in the corner first.  Then cut the tree down the center and install each half as best you can in the corner overlapping the strip and butted up to the corner as close as possible. That way you will have a good color blend with no wall showing also allowing for any wall misalignment.

• Like 3