rudedog

Anyone going to SGIA in Orlando?

I was planning on going with our display house (I'm in the trade show business) but picked up a free pass curtsy of US Cutter and their free ticket offer (front page)

I'm heading over there this afternoon.

Cool.

Post pix.

Provide a report.

What (freebie) goodies did you pick up?

Slight change of plans.  Not going to be able to make it until Friday.  Damn day job getting in the way :-)

My day job wouldn't send me to Print 13 or SGIA.  I guess they would rather pay for me to travel to each individual vendor for the equipment demos rather then pay for one trip and see them all in one place  How am I expected to open a satellite printshop from scratch if I can't go see the equipment?

Show was very large and well attended (both exhibitors and attendees), even on the last day of the event (when most trades shows are very slow).

UScutter had a small 10x20 booth, and all the major players where in attendance.  Mostly "very large" format printer.  Picked up some vinyl and app tape samples as well as my first interaction with sisser heart transfer. 

A company called yellotools was there with some custom signmakers tools (picked up one of their pen knife/weeder and some vinyl roll clips.  Also picked up sample books from gerber, oracal (very nice spiral bounded - better then the old book I had from them), KK Label and brochures galore. 

I did notice that most booths that where not cutter/plotter manufacture related where using Graftec cutters to demo their vinyl/app tape/tools/software.

Sorry no pictures.

I have an open house to go to held by our paper Supplier on Wednesday.  Graphtec will be represented, maybe I can get a one on one demo and a good deal.  I will be taking a few cut files and vinyl samples to see what they can do with them.  It's not that type of demonstration, but if they want to make a sale, it will turn into one… LOL

this is what a Graphec can do   I want to see a budget cutter, do this.  I used to have to turn my speed wide open on my budget cutter to ever get them to even finish the project. Sometimes it would not finish.  Out of memory. . Now I can run the cutter as slow as I want and it will always work. A budget cutter could cut the Jester below, but get it nice enough that it looks like it's actually printed,    And YES, these type of images and designs did boost my sales with my Graphtec.  Not to mention, cutting perfect long stripe sets the first time.

And when the cut quality is great, it makes your weeding job much faster and easier, which saves you more time and gets your finished product to your customer faster.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/34161-wizard-decals-done-today/?hl=wizard

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/41951-skulls-skulls-and-more-skulls/?hl=skulls

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/gallery/album/100-decal-just-sold/

I'll +1 on the stripe sets especially. I used to cut them with a straight edge because the cutter could never track that well. Now I do 10'-12' stripes and the cut perfectly.