motoxchic

8 Piece Job, 2 color, removal...can someone check my numbers?

2 part question, install and removal:

INSTALL

Window decal is below.  There are 8 total windows at 16" x 80".  I am using 751.

Using SignCraft Mag pricing guide at lowest shop rate, its about $1500 for just vinyl, at the Intermediate price level (it does not give me an upgrade option for cast so I used intermediate).  Then is says to add install & design time to that price.

I figure my cost for just materials is about $250 ish.  Where I keep having issues on my pricing is on estimated time for weed/mask & install (mostly install).   I will probably anchor my registration diamonds at the bottom of the arch, in order to layer the white on top of the green (no green cutout), so weeding should be fairly quick.  What time should I allot for per window?

++++++++++++++

REMOVAL

They also want a separate removal price.  I was reading this forum and got some good ideas as to how, but I am wondering, are removal rates just about the same as install rates? is that correct?  This stuff has probably been on for 10-12 years, and its pretty hammered.  What type of time per window would you estimate for?

I realize, being into this a year now, some things will still take me longer than normal as I learn, but figuring out what something SHOULD take is a little tricky still.

post-29312-0-80034900-1381880931_thumb.j

I only do removal hourly so what ever your shop time is per hr thats what I'd charge

Mm64 B) 

I only do removal hourly so what ever your shop time is per hr thats what I'd charge

Mm64 B) 

So you dont estimate?...you just give an hourly price x however long it takes ?

I figure my store hourly and guess the time then double it because it's always worse than I think.

I figure my store hourly and guess the time then double it because it's always worse than I think.

I need to start doing that on everything I do.   Whenever I work on a neighbors car it always ends up taking me ALOT longer then I planned.  

I almost beg people with sign face to buy new and price the crap out of cleaning them to help them see the light. Hard to do that on windows though,

So you dont estimate?...you just give an hourly price x however long it takes ?

I give them an hourly estimate but on the work order states estimate only hours over will be billed at $XX

Yeah removal I go hourly also.  I also tell them that i estimate it will take me between say four to six hours and if I go over six hours I will notify them

Thanks all, so hourly on the removal, with an estimated time frame. 

What estimated install time should I be at per window? 

sorry to be a pest, but any idea on install time I should allot per window?  I always seem to underestimate this, but I dont want to overdo it either  :| 

Its hard to tell about the removal time without being right there and able to touch the vinyl and stuff and for install time that all depends on how experienced you are and how you have it prepped and such.  Its hard to just throw a number out there but If i had to  guess it would be an hour removal and an hour install

I appreciate the reply.  I was thinking an hourly removal rate with a 10-12 hour estimate, then if its less, they pay less.

The thing that kills me on install is MEASURING.  Seems like it takes me forever (because I want it to be RIGHT), but I obviously cant bill that time.  I was guessing about an hour a window on the install would be close to what it should be.

I appreciate the reply.  I was thinking an hourly removal rate with a 10-12 hour estimate, then if its less, they pay less.

The thing that kills me on install is MEASURING.  Seems like it takes me forever (because I want it to be RIGHT), but I obviously cant bill that time.  I was guessing about an hour a window on the install would be close to what it should be.

You should bill for everything even the measuring to do the install...

On install I just ad x amount to the sq.ft. price

• Like 1