plotterman55

Bringing a design from Illustrator into Sign Cutter

When I trace  Lettering in Illustrator and I want to bring it into my plotter for cutting I cant get it to the work station.  I can save it as an EPS and it shows up in my saved files on the cutter but I cant do anything with it.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

what cutting software are you using?  Is that supposed to say Signcut?   and what cutter? 

Maybe post your file..

Actually text should just be created in Illustrator, not traced.  You should find the font create what you want.  Text does not trace good.

Im restoring an old sign and I have to trace the fonts because they were all hand done in the 1930s and 40s.  Im using  Sign Blazer machine name is

US Cutter MH 871 MK2.

You have to save your file back as a version 8 eps. to make it work in Signblazer.  Signblazer has not been updated for years. 

yes, but can't you save your file to a version 8.eps,  I have Illustrator CS2 and I can save back to version 8.epspost-3058-0-71204300-1380746149_thumb.jp

I have done this before though, so im not sure whats going on... I think what I will have to do is retrace it in the cutter station, that way I can save it there and cut it there. its just a pain to do it that way... Thanks again...

Im restoring an old sign and I have to trace the fonts because they were all hand done in the 1930s and 40s.  Im using  Sign Blazer machine name is

US Cutter MH 871 MK2.

What I like to do when doing something like this is to find a font as close as possible to the original and then node edit it to get it to match up. I usually end up with a cleaner, better looking result than a straight trace.

• Like 1