Sign in to follow this  
jaybyrd

Car wash

loved my 77 pinto and the 80 mustang - both had the 2.3L - once you get used to them it was amazing the stuff you could go thru.  and the mustang would keep up with a  6 cyl mazda spyder about equal in speed between the two.

A mustang with a 4 cyl. is a crime against humanity. I'm really surprised that the Mustang didn't die away during those years but the dependability if the 2300 has been proven time and again. They still make a bunch of performance parts for them thanks to the dirt track guys. Wish mine was 78 back so it would of had the round headlights, the square lights don't look as good on these cars.

if was my first new car - had worked since I was 15 saving the money and they came out with a special edition in michigan called the special value option - black over red  - yeh they wasn' the coolest but way better than the mustang 2

Lots of people bought them. A friend of mine had a 90 model when I worked at the junkyard and when a gt came in we pulled all the body pieces and put them on his 4 banger. 

Now you've got my attention. Maybe not the orange but that 70's vibe is what I want. The graphics i did the last time came close to what I was after but I changed my mind about the white paint.

This might work for me. Got a good look and get to show off my vinyl skills.

post-40404-0-59822400-1378814540_thumb.j

This might work for me. Got a good look and get to show off my vinyl skills.

Yeah I like that. The good old days when cars, and trucks/vans still had some style. My favorite decade for cars ( motor wise ) and some body styles was the 60s The fiftys had some of the most changes in styles and power plants. The 70s the van craze was in full force that is when I first started driving vans and have driven one almost ever since . Hell I belive I was even young then

Always had a thing for vans and wagons. So much area to customize and you just don't see wagons anymore.

Always had a thing for vans and wagons. So much area to customize and you just don't see wagons anymore.

When I first started doing carpentry 50 years ago a lot of carpenters drove a wagon but at that time they were bigger then a mini van. I got my first van in the early 70s and have had them ever since. There was an older gentelman building a home up the street from where I was building a house and had an older ford van and had it lettered up ( painted of course ) and I was talking to him one day at lunch break and got to looking at the setup in his van he had every thing he needed ad had it organised . That won me over on vans to work out of.

When I was in the building trade I always favored vans over trucks because of the versatility of shelves bin layouts. I always had a truck but usually had a van also mainly as a tool crib.

Actually you guys are making me miss the grand caravan - love my truck but I could get 10' pipe and boards inside that little bugger and close the tailgate

I can get 8' fluorescent bulbs in the Pinto and close the hatch but that's pushing it. I installed 2 panels in a lit sign Sunday 17"x95" and toted it in the wagon along with the 20' extension ladder and the 8' step ladder. Man the looks you get driving a car like that, people just don't see them anymore and hopefully when it gets fresh paint it will draw even more attention.

Actually you guys are making me miss the grand caravan - love my truck but I could get 10' pipe and boards inside that little bugger and close the tailgate

Actualy that is one of my vans now ( chrysler town and country ) sme as a caravan and a ford windstar cargo van. They both get 25 or better on allaround gas milage and I have had many long boards and sign lamps in them. I have a trailer with a rack to pull behind them. A lot of my jobs are 40-50 miles or more away so the minis save a ton on gas

• Like 2